Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Klopp has been absolutely outstanding for me, I remember the mountains of criticism for not signing a different quality centre back the other summer when Southampton insisted van Dijk was not for sale.

Klopp struggled on with the same frailties at the back letting them down time and again because his only number one target couldn't force the move.

van Dijk looked disinterested for Southampton who had a bad start and Southampton relented in the January window.

Klopp knew his defence needed fixing not his attack, even after Coutinho went and only Allison and van Dijk would do.
Proberly the best PL manager since Fergie or peak Jose, which is really annoying

Not a chance mate.

Hes gonna have to win a bit more to go above Wenger or, it pains me to say, Rafael, *spits*.
Yeah I'd say Wenger pre dates peak Jose and probably Sir Akex, although Wenger is the main man for revolutionising management by looking more at diets, what type of tress to grow at the training grounds and things like that.
Plus until someone goes all season without a lose, he has a serious record

Yeah I'd say Wenger pre dates peak Jose and probably Sir Akex, although Wenger is the main man for revolutionising management by looking more at diets, what type of tress to grow at the training grounds and things like that.
Plus until someone goes all season without a lose, he has a serious record

Hes doing a great job, sadly, hes built a very good side and hes got them all playing out of their skin.

But as of yet he hasnt won a title, currently I put Jose, SAF, Wenger and Benitez above him, even if he wins the Title, but if he does anything else, hes certainly gonna go above Benitez.

As you say Wenger changed the game, cant see many managers breaking that top 3 myself.

Had a little glance over the world XI and I was under the impression that Marcelo and Modric had poor seasons last year and won nothing of note? Seems mad to have a world XI and not have any Man City player get in despite winning a quadruple.

Will happily admit I don't watch much La Liga apart from the bigger matches.
Marcelo and Modric didn't deserve it but honestly I'm not sure who from City would have made it. It's an individual award so as good as Sterling was he really isn't in over the attackers who made it imo. There wasn't many other standouts for City last year. It's a weird one but I think them missing out is fair.

Proberly the best PL manager since Fergie or peak Jose, which is really annoying
He's not even the best one right now. Maybe by the end of the season it'll be worth discussing if he's better than Pep but it isn't until Klopp wins the league.

That said separating Pep's management skills from the overwhelming wealth he's had is impossible to do and at the same time somewhat necessary to properly put his career in context.

He's not even the best one right now. Maybe by the end of the season it'll be worth discussing if he's better than Pep but it isn't until Klopp wins the league.

That said separating Pep's management skills from the overwhelming wealth he's had is impossible to do and at the same time somewhat necessary to properly put his career in context.

Exactly its hardly a fair or like for like comparison when comparing with regards to where the two clubs were when each took over and the considerable difference in wealth.

City had won two titles relatively recently and were still a top four club when Pep took over with a huge bank rammed full of cash to spend and a legacy of stars including Silva and Aguero.

When Rodgers left, Liverpool were languishing outside the top four struggling to make the Europa and going nowhere fast having not won the title for the last twenty five years.

No valid comparison can even attempt to be made.

Would love to know the bill for policing Pompey / Saints tonight.

All Hampshire police leave cancelled and preparing for potential major incident.

Trains already full of coppers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back