Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Leicester remind me a bit of our 13/14 season. Manager comes in to a good youngish squad on the back of a manager who put a relentless focus on defense solidity and opens it up a bit. The team shoots up the league as much on the back of a finishing hot streak as actually playing top stuff. The question becomes is Rodgers actually a manager who can consistently improve a team.

They sold Maguire and never replaced him whereas Martinez worked completely on our settled back 4 mate.

Rodgers also had half a season with them last year.

Some people just cant admit 1. Leicester have good players and 2. Rodgers is a half decent manager.

Leicester remind me a bit of our 13/14 season. Manager comes in to a good youngish squad on the back of a manager who put a relentless focus on defense solidity and opens it up a bit. The team shoots up the league as much on the back of a finishing hot streak as actually playing top stuff. The question becomes is Rodgers actually a manager who can consistently improve a team.

Brenda went there to put himself in the shop window. He’ll be off like a shot if a “ bigger “ club came calling, same as he did with Celtic.

Just have to commend bbc on how utterly sad and pathetic they are, saying soton's heaviest prem league defeat was 7-1 to the RS in 1999, I mean they couldn't bring themselves to say we won by that scoreline even before they did.

@Alan Whittle thoughts on the game this weekend.
I reckon Zaha will be desperate to show us we should have spent the money.
He's nailed on to score I reckon.
I'm going for a 2-2.
We'll score but our back door is always wide open.
We are pretty solid defensively but lack creativity up front. I don't have much confidence. Wilf has been ok since all the leaving hoo ha but not back to his best. I'm sure the warm hearted and fair minded Arsenal fans will give him a warm welcome.
If we sneak the first one we have a chance. Otherwise, nothing. So, 1-1.

Just have to commend bbc on how utterly sad and pathetic they are, saying soton's heaviest prem league defeat was 7-1 to the RS in 1999, I mean they couldn't bring themselves to say we won by that scoreline even before they did.

Lol, later on in the game :

In the Premier League, they have lost 7-1 v Everton in November 1996 and Liverpool in January 1999.

Obviously got called out for being bias losers and backtracked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back