Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pictures don't show everything but I'm struggling to see how he isn't illegally impeding Del here. People are to focused on the poor reaction to the foul and not that it was a foul.

They're rich, they don't need to be as rich as us to be rich, we spent £40m on Sig and they spent £25m on Maddison.

And yeh they seem gutted we "poached" Walsh don't they.
You’re missing the point entirely.

We have more resources than them and given that Walsh had only just signed a new deal, him leaving 6 weeks into it to join a rival would’ve been a hard thing to take for them. Doesn’t mean it worked out well for us.

Have you even seen the clip and not the picture? He doesn't trip him, I'm not even convinced he touches him in the end as Jorginho pulls his leg back.

I have seen it. I still think Jorginho knows he's beat and throws that tackle/trip/kick out for no reason other than to slow Deulofeu down. There isn't much contact but he's made that tackle two yards from the ball so it doesn't take much for it to be a foul since he is not trying to play in a legal manner. That's how I view it. If the ball was reasonably close maybe he would have a case.

I'll say this about Son, I don't think he meant to hurt Gomes and he seemed pretty distraught by it

I've never got the impression that he's an overly dirty player or bad person

It might be too soon to say something like that of course as the event is still fresh

I blame Atkinson for losing control of the game more than I blame Son

I'll say this about Son, I don't think he meant to hurt Gomes and he seemed pretty distraught by it

It might be too soon to say something like that of course as the event is still fresh

Gomes gave him an elbow to the face that made him spit blood, literally.
Two mins before.

I agree totally with you about that players character though.

It's not like when Marwood did Inchy back in the day, and then later Marwood went off on a stretcher. ( Peter Reid )
Even though i wish we still had such a team spirit instead of being absolute push overs all the time.

What I will say about the Son ‘tackle’ he had no intention of winning the ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back