Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
No they aren't. They very much are not the rules now. That's the rule for attackers. For defenders it is more nuanced to avoid attackers smashing it off defenders arms intentionally. In this case his arm is down, he doesn't move toward the ball and it is struck hard enough to make getting out of the way difficult. Not a handball, not a sending off, not a penalty and probably not a point for Chelsea.

If the ball hits your hand they call a foul now, that’s the rules they brought in, I’m not saying I like them I’m just saying that’s the rules. Plus people still do intentionally try hit hands and it works.

If the ball hits your hand they call a foul now, that’s the rules they brought in, I’m not saying I like them I’m just saying that’s the rules. Plus people still do intentionally try hit hands and it works.
I can't really be arsed to go find the rules but this isn't true when defending in your own box. It is not as simple as hits hand=penalty.

I can't really be arsed to go find the rules but this isn't true when defending in your own box. It is not as simple as hits hand=penalty.

The IFAB rules don’t distinguish between attacking and defending players for handball. Basically they must have deemed his arm to be far out enough from his body upon contact for it to make him ‘unnaturally bigger’.

If an Everton manager got a 4-4 draw away at Chelsa with 9 men Kenwright would be dripping his kecks.

Go all out for him for God sake Brands/Moshiri.

The IFAB rules don’t distinguish between attacking and defending players for handball. Basically they must have deemed his arm to be far out enough from his body upon contact for it to make him ‘unnaturally bigger’.

Which it wasn't at least in my opinion. It's at his side.

My Spurs supporting friend sent me the rulebook a few minutes ago with reference to the Son incident so I was reading it. It seems to me that call was wrong because it falls into usually not a handball but whatever.

Also in the advantage section it does say advantage isn't supposed to be played for second yellow cards unless it is a clear goal scoring chance which Chelsea's was not. That was also wrong by the ref.

But it benefited on of the money teams so does anyone really care?

Which it wasn't at least in my opinion. It's at his side.

My Spurs supporting friend sent me the rulebook a few minutes ago with reference to the Son incident so I was reading it. It seems to me that call was wrong because it falls into usually not a handball but whatever.

Also in the advantage section it does say advantage isn't supposed to be played for second yellow cards unless it is a clear goal scoring chance which Chelsea's was not. That was also wrong by the ref.

But it benefited on of the money teams so does anyone really care?

You seem to massively care.

When is the correct word if that is what happens. Until then we can only wait and see. It really isn’t rocket science.

‘Obviously, but there’s a bit more science involved though, it’s not just about League placing.........................

If they finish above us it doesn’t necessarily mean they have a better team/squad than us. Managers, injuries etc can effect league positions. Anyway don’t even know why we are so bothered, we have a better side than West Ham mate and that’s about it.

Certain overweight players might take offence at that rule. lol

Blimey! We’re crap at the back.
Ziyech is an incredible player and he did the damage on three of the goals. Those things happen. Obviously you guys have had much more impressive defenses down the years but I think this one will see you safely into third and at least James and Tomori could be the foundation to build on.

Unless your name is Everton. Then against them your allowed to catch the ball and run with it, until you either score or are tackled. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back