Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
the reason why leicester are playing so well is because their passing is accurate and to feet.

There's no gylfi take 20 touches to control the ball before doing something with it

there's no simple 5 yard passes that are 10 yards away from the player, its direct and fast

Disagree. I think they have a style that is meh against teams that don't open up or go down to 10 men and looks a lot better than it really is because of a few good performances that people have seen. And then when they haven't performed they've won anyway. Which is really what I see as the main difference between the teams right now. That and they haven't been screwed by VAR.

Didn’t they just score 9 goals against a team that went down to 10 men?

Disagree. I think they have a style that is meh against teams that don't open up or go down to 10 men and looks a lot better than it really is because of a few good performances that people have seen. And then when they haven't performed they've won anyway. Which is really what I see as the main difference between the teams right now. That and they haven't been screwed by VAR.

There is truth to Leicester having good luck. They've not had any injuries to key players and they seem to score with nearly every shot on target. A certain element of that is having clinical strikers, but equally there's no way that lasts forever.

All of that said, they are still far and away better than us. They have an identity, unity and are solid in all areas of the pitch. Some of their link up play in the final third this season has been exquisite and the kind of football we haven't seen from us since Martinez's first season.

I’m not sure if it’s been judged offside because of big toe by about 1mm or his arm, which you can’t bloody score with, but either way it’s a farce.

Where’s the benefit of the doubt? Where’s playing the advantage? It was brought in to fix contentious decisions, but instead it is making more.

Seriously, how many Spurs fans could have argued with that decision, or would have argued before VAR? I doubt many would have. @Yid4life?

Believe it or not, despite how useless we are at the moment and desperate for a win, we were on the side of the Sheff U fans with that VAR fiasco.

We were booing the length of time it took and applauding the SU fans when then they were singing anti-VAR songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back