Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is Phil, which players do we have who can do that consistently during a match? Agree with your theory though.
Unfortunately, I’m not actually sure who could, and those who potentially could fulfil the role (Richarlison and DCL) are needed elsewhere.

I think Walcott could play on Sunday as he’s probably the most suited to the role, with his pace and (relative) stamina. We can’t let them play!

They were on the back foot against us, had 2 breakaways, an own goal and a misplaced back pass....on their way down now

Not reckon they'll finish above us?

Quite liked how they've gone about their business this season. Not exactly attractive Football, but not Burnley or Bolton levels of 'pragmatism' either.

Arnold, Robertson and VVD time and time again, game after game given the freedom of the city. Stop these balls at source and teams might have half a chance of cutting out these balls that end up finding the front men.
Wolves pressed them all over the park the other day.
Virgil was falling over etc and the full backs were not getting forward and getting skinned.

Unfortunately, I’m not actually sure who could, and those who potentially could fulfil the role (Richarlison and DCL) are needed elsewhere.

I think Walcott could play on Sunday as he’s probably the most suited to the role, with his pace and (relative) stamina. We can’t let them play!

It's an idea, but I think it's a channel other managers have thought of closing before. Logically speaking, if you press high on their full backs, we'd have to concede space elsewhere, either between the lines where someone like Firmino is dangerous or on the flanks for Salah and Mane. It's catch 22.

Not reckon they'll finish above us?

Quite liked how they've gone about their business this season. Not exactly attractive Football, but not Burnley or Bolton levels of 'pragmatism' either.
Haven't a fecking clue lad ......who has? not interested in other teams.

Haven't a fecking clue lad ......who has? not interested in other teams.

Was just a general question as to where you reckon they'll end up really, as you said you felt they were on the way down.

Bit unusual to see a newly promoted side in the European spots after Christmas, thats all.

Why do they all wear long sleeves? Something to hide on the arms?

Every single one of them. They went away to the club World Cup, extra games, loads of travelling, then came back and ran over the second placed team in the league on their own patch like they were a lower league outfit. The best teams in premier league history haven’t been able to do that as consistently (every single time) as this team. But maybe the likes of Henderson and Milner are just that good and Klopp knows something that managerial geniuses like Ferguson Wenger Mourinho Conte etc. never did.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back