Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Only reason why I rate Ronaldinho so highly is that whilst he was a fantastic player in terms of output he also put on a show for the fans - I remember watching an interview with him where he said something like winning is the aim but if you can do it putting on a performance the fans will never forget you.

Some of the stuff he could do with a football I've never seen before including from the likes of Ronaldo & Messi.
He certainly played the game with a smile on his face! Fantastic player to watch, but imo not quite at the level of maradona, Ronaldo and messi level.

Im sorry are we meant to be impressed about Venezuela or Bolivia?
No but unlike those European sides they are a full squad of professional players. Anyway look at any sort of ratings, European goalscorers get to utterly inflate the goal scoring with the qualifiers. Lewandowski and Kane do too.

He certainly played the game with a smile on his face! Fantastic player to watch, but imo not quite at the level of maradona, Ronaldo and messi level.

In terms of honours/longevity at the top I agree with that- in terms of just skill/ability on the ball I would say the greatest of all time.

Mad when you watch modern day football as when Ronaldo/Messi retire there literally wont be any elite player out there.

I mean KDB, Mbappe etc are world class but not on the same level as the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Maradona, Ronaldinho etc.

In terms of honours/longevity at the top I agree with that- in terms of just skill/ability on the ball I would say the greatest of all time.

Mad when you watch modern day football as when Ronaldo/Messi retire there literally wont be any elite player out there.

I mean KDB, Mbappe etc are world class but not on the same level as the likes of Ronaldo, Messi, Zidane, Maradona, Ronaldinho etc.

Mate ye had Nymz on the ropes there in the dcl thread get back in the game and finish him. See ye over there.

In terms of honours/longevity at the top I agree with that- in terms of skill/ability on the ball I would say the greatest of all time.

Didn’t see Pele (although my dad said how great a player he was and placed him above maradona) but he died some 15 years ago so he didn’t get to witness Messi and Ronaldo. We are fortunate to have witnessed two such great players. Like you said there is no one waiting in the wings. There are a number of world class players still playing, some with their best years ahead of them Mbappe, but I don’t see anyone attaining the level of Messi and Ronaldo.

Didn’t see Pele (although my dad said how great a player he was and placed him above maradona) but he died some 15 years ago so he didn’t get to witness Messi and Ronaldo. We are fortunate to have witnessed two such great players. Like you said there is no one waiting in the wings. There are a number of world class players still playing, some with their best years ahead of them Mbappe, but I don’t see anyone attaining the level of Messi and Ronaldo.

Yeah for me Ronaldo is the best player of all time. Messi is obviously on another level aswell but Ronaldo has done it at every level from the Prem to La Liga, Italy, for a nothing special Portuguese national team.

His goalscoring record is amazing.

Yeah for me Ronaldo is the best player of all time. Messi is obviously on another level aswell but Ronaldo has done it at every level from the Prem to La Liga, Italy, for a nothing special Portuguese national team.

His goalscoring record is amazing.
Everyone is split on this and you can put a case forward for either player. They split my mates down the middle as to who they prefer. I actually prefer watching Messi but no one can discount the goalscoring prowess of Ronaldo and because he’s done it in the 3 top leagues. I’ve no doubt Messi could as well, it’s just that he’s never had the opportunity.

Confused the hell out of me there with your brackets mate. Reads like Pele died, sorry about your old man.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back