Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2019/20 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have nothing at all against Fulham and it's always a good beer in a nice part of London (we always drink on the other side of the Thames in Putney) but I want Brenttford to win cos they have never been in the top division, open ending a new stadium and because they were so close to automatic promotion = I just had £10 on Fulham to be promoted lol (£24 back..)
Brentford have been in the top division before, albeit before the 2nd World War.

The Nations League is a big problem. If it could have been cancelled it would have freed up at least 2, maybe 3 more weekends. But Uefa were never going to go with that because it would have been too logical.

I don't have much sympathy for players. I can't remember the last time I got more than 10 days off work in one go. They have to adapt to the new season and it's going to be the same for all managers.

Gotta agree with this, I'm sorry but back in the day there was never this concern. These days players have massive advantages with sport science, nutrition, bigger squads, loads of subs etc.

Some teams will be at a disadvantage yes, but that's sport. It really doesn't make a difference an extra few hours rest, it's just players seem to be drip fed this rubbish from managers psychologically.

A prem footballer's career is about 20 years long they have the other 60 years of their life with unlimited cash to do as they please. Whereas the other 99% have to work 75% of their life with plenty of struggles.

Excuse me if i have no sympathy. The bigger clubs get larger benefits to cope with such things, as proved by the top half of the table being similar every year.

Brentford for me.

Only cos I hope that Natalie Sawyer will get rat arsed, nailed repeatedly by her boyfriend, (Brentford player), and is hopelessly entertaining on Talksport tomorrow.

#Roydo4pundit

Brentford for me too... and if they win and come up, they will not go straight back down.
I’ve just backed them, and yes if they don’t choke tonight they will run rings around some of the dross in Prem, a very good footballing side.

What’s Brentford’s number 10 doing here ?

He is running around and trying to link in other players ?

Joker.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back