Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey mate, what is the general Chelsea's fan's consensus on the Tuchel appointment? Are they excited or indifferent to it?
It’s fairly mixed, as you might imagine. He has some sort of reputation as one of those must have FIFA/PlayStation-type coaches that everyone has been raving about over the last few years, but I’m still waiting to see what it is exactly that reinforces his reputation. He’s not Frank Lampard though and there are a significant number of our lot who won’t forgive him for that. I’m not one of them but it’s all a bit underwhelming at the moment.
He’s also a bit too skeletal and looks like he lives off a diet of Pot Noodles and Crystal meth in student digs so I suppose there’ll be some who can’t forgive him for that.
Let’s face it we haven’t had a formidable side for 10 years, despite a couple of league titles, so hopefully he’ll receive some latitude from Abramovich and his little hatchet men.

A not so great article in The Daily Mail today praising Citeh's record-breaking 15 wins in a row.
Funny how it doesn't mention that very convenient postponement of the game against a high-flying Everton when they apparently couldn't raise a team to play us.
I reckon we could have 15 wins on the bounce if we could pick and choose when we play.
Just saying....

dont be that guy mate.

It’s fairly mixed, as you might imagine. He has some sort of reputation as one of those must have FIFA/PlayStation-type coaches that everyone has been raving about over the last few years, but I’m still waiting to see what it is exactly that reinforces his reputation. He’s not Frank Lampard though and there are a significant number of our lot who won’t forgive him for that. I’m not one of them but it’s all a bit underwhelming at the moment.
He’s also a bit too skeletal and looks like he lives off a diet of Pot Noodles and Crystal meth in student digs so I suppose there’ll be some who can’t forgive him for that.
Let’s face it we haven’t had a formidable side for 10 years, despite a couple of league titles, so hopefully he’ll receive some latitude from Abramovich and his little hatchet men.

Personally i think hes spending this season building a solid foundation getting a proper system in place and either next season or the one after i think you will have a real chance of the title

Can somebody please explain something to me? in the build up for Chelseas goal Abraham was clearly in an offside position as the ball is played through. he then goes on to score. goal is given. Son in the spurs game v the RS was in the same situation, offside in the build up and went on to score, goal disallowed. this has happened a couple of times since the RS game, I think Rashford was given a goal when clearly offside in the buildup. Am I missing something or has there been a rule change?
Female lino

Not a rule change; that would never have been called offside. Whilst Abraham was in an offside position when the ball was played wide to Reece James he wasn’t affecting play whatsoever. Once James crossed it in it was a different phase of play and Abraham was behind him then so onside.
That was my understanding, so why was Son given offside against the RS when the exact same set of circumstances occurred? perhaps I missed something in that goal. I can't seem to find a video of the incident now.

Arsenal's Europa League home leg to be played in Athens​

Uefa has confirmed that Arsenal's Europa League last-32 home leg against Benfica will be played at Stadio Georgios Karaiskakis in Athens.
The match at Olympiacos' stadium has been moved from Emirates Stadium due to Covid restrictions and will be staged on 25 February (kick-off 17:55 GMT).
The first leg is being played at the Stadio Olimpico in Rome on 18 February (20:00 GMT).

Can somebody please explain something to me? in the build up for Chelseas goal Abraham was clearly in an offside position as the ball is played through. he then goes on to score. goal is given. Son in the spurs game v the RS was in the same situation, offside in the build up and went on to score, goal disallowed. this has happened a couple of times since the RS game, I think Rashford was given a goal when clearly offside in the buildup. Am I missing something or has there been a rule change?
No VAR, only at prem clubs.

No. What they still have done is pretty good.

That's some Klopp rs crap taking 15 games away because of a postponement
No, this is a bitter Blue highlighting an act of blatant cheating by a team who didn't fancy playing us without a full strength team.
We will never know how that game would have played out and how their confidence would've been affected by a defeat to an in-form Everton side.
They played the Covid card and the Premier League fell for it.

One of Leicester City's most consistent players is set to miss the rest of the season as manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that James Justin has suffered a serious knee injury.

"The scan hasn’t shown up so well, it’s a massive blow for us – it looks like he’s blown his ACL," he said.

"He’s been incredible for us, played in so many positions and been a minimum eight out of 10 in all of them.

"He’s tough mentally and physically, that’s what makes him the boy he is. It will make him stronger. He was upset yesterday (Thursday) because he’s been so robust, he’s played nearly every game.

"Every player is different. If you look at Ricardo Pereira's time frame (nine months), it will be either a little shorter or around that time. We’re taking every opinion on it."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back