Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
One of Leicester City's most consistent players is set to miss the rest of the season as manager Brendan Rodgers has confirmed that James Justin has suffered a serious knee injury.

"The scan hasn’t shown up so well, it’s a massive blow for us – it looks like he’s blown his ACL," he said.

"He’s been incredible for us, played in so many positions and been a minimum eight out of 10 in all of them.

"He’s tough mentally and physically, that’s what makes him the boy he is. It will make him stronger. He was upset yesterday (Thursday) because he’s been so robust, he’s played nearly every game.

"Every player is different. If you look at Ricardo Pereira's time frame (nine months), it will be either a little shorter or around that time. We’re taking every opinion on it."
That's really tough on the lad. It takes a lot to recover from an ACL injury, especially when pace is a big part of your game.

Levy buy...Mourinho's dropped a couple bombs on Bale recently, which I don't see him doing so soon with someone he wanted.
I saw it as a Levy transfer too with José quite quickly realising that Bale probably will not exert himself enough to play in a manner that he expects them too.

Ignoring his injuries, Bale may have the talent to play in the PL, but if he doesn't have the desire to really exert himself then is it worth carrying him?

@Yid4life what's your view on the Bale transfer and now the Bale vs. José situation?

I saw it as a Levy transfer too with José quite quickly realising that Bale probably will not exert himself enough to play in a manner that he expects them too.

Ignoring his injuries, Bale may have the talent to play in the PL, but if he doesn't have the desire to really exert himself then is it worth carrying him?

@Yid4life what's your view on the Bale transfer and now the Bale vs. José situation?

£12m a year to play 20 minutes against Marine.

£12m a year to play 20 minutes against Marine.
I know, it's mad. His only full 90 minutes for Spurs have been against the epic heights of Wycombe (no offence to Wycombe!) and that was in mid-January.

That was something like four and a bit months since he signed; since then, he played a bit part against the RS, an hour at Brighton and then dropped.

I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't start another game for Spurs let another playing another ninety-minutes. Just goes to show important mentality is.

Would be nice if Leicester played like a premier league team today rather than the pub team they normally resemble against that lot. Even a draw would be a pretty good result for us.
Off course i want Liverpool to lose but even if they win, it would have us 6 points behind 3rd with 3 games in hand, and surely we wont hopefully mess up tomorrow, so could be 3 points from 3rd with 2 games in hand if that happened

Reactions: JLW
BT praising Klopp for keeping Liverpool in the position they’re in despite the injuries.

Absolutely zero mention of the fact that he’s run his players into the ground of course.

BT praising Klopp for keeping Liverpool in the position they’re in despite the injuries.

Absolutely zero mention of the fact that he’s run his players into the ground of course.
Still find it mad he was playing his best players in dead rubber CL games. Didn’t Jota get injured in a game they already qualified?

One of those games that anything could happen and everyone will be wise after the fact. My guess is that Liverpool over-commit in attack, especially with their full backs and Vardy, Barnes and Maddison tear them apart on the break.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back