Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite happy with a West Ham win. I still think they will fall away a bit at the back end as injuries stretch them, and they have an awful run of games that Moyes will bottle.

You're right as well, Spurs/Arsenal missing out on Europe and Liverpool the CL would be seismic and would send all three into meltdown (the stories about Levy wanting to sell Kane are coming from Spurs).

That being said I think Mourinho will soon throw this season and focus on trying to win 2 cups. A draw would probably be optimum result.

As an aside, Chelsea games are what puzzle me now. Part of me wants them to win and get into the distance away from Liverpool, part of me wants them to falter to let us in. Being level with Liverpool defintely confuses things!
This.
Today is the day their freefall starts

And what makes it worse, is knowing that any positive result for us, is probably a positive result for them, so you can't even have any enjoyment!

I don’t really understand fans that get so worked up about other team’s results haha. As long as we’re losing to teams like Fulham and Newcastle we’ve got enough on our plate.

I don’t really understand fans that get so worked up about other team’s results haha. As long as we’re losing to teams like Fulham and Newcastle we’ve got enough on our plate.
Don't think anyone's getting worked up at all, just working out what results are better for us.

Can’t help but feel that Arsenal West Ham and Villa dropping points gets us closer to guaranteeing top 7 and that probably means European football next season which is big for us and job done for Ancelotti. I don’t want us to find this season was for nothing if we finish 8th in a tight bunch.

Would like Spurs and Villa to win the first 2 games. I think Leicester and West Ham are catchable so need them to lose today. Think Spurs and Villa are both too inconsistent to be threats for top 4.

It's time for Souness to pack it in. He's wrong on both penalty calls.

If you watch that carefully, the striker actually makes contact with the goalkeeper first with his studs on the ankle.

1613908776998.webp

Goalkeepers have to charge those down. It's a 50/50. There's no reckless intent. It's one of those where I'd understand a penalty being given, but I'd also understand it not being given and it's 100% not a sending off.

The DCL pen on Alexander-Arnold is just a stonewall penalty, no idea what Souness is seeing different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back