Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointing for the Moyesiah to not get at least a point. But it’s a better result for us that he didn’t ...and I do not particularly like West Ham...so hard cheese

Reactions: JLW
Feels like a race to the bottom with TV coverage now; I read somewhere that basically all the broadcasting companies want to reduce the costs of their PL coverage. They could start by binning half the pundits and co-comms, who would miss them?
In NBC's case I'd guess they're saving money by having Howard and Higgenbotham as commentators in anticipation of later this year, when the NBC Sports channel is shut down altogether.

Stones would be partnering Bobby Moore in an all time England 11 by now if he played for the reds. The reality is that all of Kompany, Stones, Laporte and Dias when full fit and in form are better than Van Dijk. He never was that good, he was positionally all over the shop, and made loads of errors. He just played for the media’s favourite team and score headers against us and United. A very good centreback but they built him up to be Beckenbauer reborn. He never was.

Have to disagree mate

Don’t like the git, but he’s an excellent player

Been saying so ever since I saw him at Celtic and was the lone voice on this forum pushing for us to sign him

In NBC's case I'd guess they're saving money by having Howard and Higgenbotham as commentators in anticipation of later this year, when the NBC Sports channel is shut down altogether.
I still have no idea what the thought process is for that. It makes absolutely no sense. If they want EVERYTHING to go through Peacock then I'm going back to pirating because their online service is routinely more than 2 minutes behind. How? How are they THAT far behind EVERY single match??

Have to disagree mate

Don’t like the git, but he’s an excellent player

Been saying so ever since I saw him at Celtic and was the lone voice on this forum pushing for us to sign him

Not saying he’s not an excellent player, but at one point the media was saying he was the best centreback in premier league history after him being there for half a season. How quickly Adams Ferdinand Terry Vidic Kompany were forgotten after a few decent games from Can Dijk at Liverpool. Why was he not being called the best in the world when he was at Southampton?

Not saying he’s not an excellent player, but at one point the media was saying he was the best centreback in premier league history after him being there for half a season. How quickly Adams Ferdinand Terry Vidic Kompany were forgotten after a few decent games from Can Dijk at Liverpool. Why was he not being called the best in the world when he was at Southampton?

He was pretty heavily hyped at Southampton too like, and those of us who followed the Scottish League could all see how good he was going to be

He’s always been built up because he’s always been good

Stones would be partnering Bobby Moore in an all time England 11 by now if he played for the reds. The reality is that all of Kompany, Stones, Laporte and Dias when full fit and in form are better than Van Dijk. He never was that good, he was positionally all over the shop, and made loads of errors. He just played for the media’s favourite team and score headers against us and United. A very good centreback but they built him up to be Beckenbauer reborn. He never was.
Well, neither Stones no Moore would be ahead of Duncan Edwards, for starters, IMO.

Had there not been a Munich air disaster, I believe the defensive partnership would have been: Duncan Edwards (Captain) & Jack Charlton...

I still remember getting roasted in the Funes Mori thread for saying we should sign VVD instead

If we had I wonder how different things might have turned out?
The funny thing is that he was just about the same price as Funes Mori iirc. We got Funes Mori for like 6m but had to pay an additional 3m to him or something like that? Was dead weird.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back