Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

I still have no idea what the thought process is for that. It makes absolutely no sense. If they want EVERYTHING to go through Peacock then I'm going back to pirating because their online service is routinely more than 2 minutes behind. How? How are they THAT far behind EVERY single match??
I was honestly (and happily) surprised they didn't limit the derby to Peacock subscribers, given how much traffic they've pushed that way. I wasn't in a position to pay for it when they rolled out Peacock and what I've heard about the service since then is hardly inspiring.

Time lags from the different providers make following the match here just seem like a long, frustrating train of spoilers.

I will generally stick up for refs, it's a very hard job and the criticism they receive is stupidly over the top and most of the time flat out wrong.

But yeah, Mason once again shows that he is a really bad ref, how the hell he has had such a long career as a top flight ref i really don't know, that wa ssunday league level stuff.

God knows what he was doing. There is no need in law for a ref to actually blow the whistle before a free kick can be taken, it's taken when he deems it taken. However, when it comes to "ceremonial" free kicks like this around the area where a wall is lined up and a shot likely to be taken refs will pretty much always tell the players "on the whistle".

Which was what he done, he blew and Dunk took it. God knows why he then blew again as the ball went in, i can only assume it's because he suddenly realised Johnston was still on the post lining the wall up, panicked and blew to avoid WBA complaints. But again there is no obligation in law to let a keeper finish lining his wall up before allowing the kick to be taken , but it's more of an unwritten law to give them enough time to do so, only letting the kick to be taken if they are taking too long.

Be good to see the whole thing from the time he awarded the free kick to see exactly what happened.

I was honestly (and happily) surprised they didn't limit the derby to Peacock subscribers, given how much traffic they've pushed that way. I wasn't in a position to pay for it when they rolled out Peacock and what I've heard about the service since then is hardly inspiring.

Time lags from the different providers make following the match here just seem like a long, frustrating train of spoilers.

WWE is going to peacock soon

I wonder if the live events shown on that platform will lag as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back