Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
hope the Charlton fan in work kept his promise to not watch them this weekend, currently three down against Blackpool (Simms set up one and won a penalty for another) at home

This from the BBC Football website:
'...People messaging in are clearly confused. Was it a mess? Yes. Did Lee Mason get it right? Yes. Were VAR right? Yes. He blew to say ok to take. Noticed WBA weren't ready and blew to stop play, the goal hadn't been scored before the 2nd blow. So, it doesn't stand...'

I was always under the impression that once the ref blew to restart the game, it was of no concern whatsoever if the defending team had not got their act together...

This from the BBC Football website:
'...People messaging in are clearly confused. Was it a mess? Yes. Did Lee Mason get it right? Yes. Were VAR right? Yes. He blew to say ok to take. Noticed WBA weren't ready and blew to stop play, the goal hadn't been scored before the 2nd blow. So, it doesn't stand...'

I was always under the impression that once the ref blew to restart the game, it was of no concern whatsoever if the defending team had not got their act together...

Its the accepted practice that when there is a ceremonial free kick on goal the ref wont blow until the defending team are set. If its an actual rule, I know not, but either way, he shouldnt blow till everything is ready.

So he made a mistake, realised it, blew again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back