Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its the accepted practice that when there is a ceremonial free kick on goal the ref wont blow until the defending team are set. If its an actual rule, I know not, but either way, he shouldnt blow till everything is ready.

So he made a mistake, realised it, blew again.

I know that is the common practise, but I do not believe it is a rule.

And why should the ref wait until the defending team is ready? Once the ball is in the correct position, and the attacking team are ready to proceed, then it is on the defending team, as I said, to get their act together. The ref should restart the game immediately. Has been the case in rugby for decades: if you concede, you get back 10, you get into shape pronto - the attacking team don't take into consideration what the defending team are doing.

Having blown his whistle to restart the game, and the game restarted, he should only stop the game again if an offence has been committed, which clearly it had not. The ref is an incompetent - he should be permanently removed from refereeing at any level, even schoolkids...

Im not sure City would deal with Mino.
Maybe not, but to me letting him end up at United or Chelsea or someone they're going to need to beat in Europe would be a bad idea. Same with Mbappe if it ever looks like he's moving on. The mega rich clubs have to be trying to do the deal just so no one else can. Honestly just look at the dominance of Madrid and Barca with Ronaldo and Messi. Those two might not be that but it could be and as a club you can't miss out.

Its the accepted practice that when there is a ceremonial free kick on goal the ref wont blow until the defending team are set. If its an actual rule, I know not, but either way, he shouldnt blow till everything is ready.

So he made a mistake, realised it, blew again.

Yeah there's nothing in law whatsoever about it, but like you say it's the accepted practice in those situations.

That was his first cock up, blowing then when Dunk took it straight away and he realised that the keeper was not in position he blew again to cover his arse cause WBA would have kicked off big time if it stood.

The other school of thought is that the defending team, having broke the laws and committed a foul should not be given any advantage or benefit at the resulting free kick, they go to the fouled against team.

Maybe not, but to me letting him end up at United or Chelsea or someone they're going to need to beat in Europe would be a bad idea. Same with Mbappe if it ever looks like he's moving on. The mega rich clubs have to be trying to do the deal just so no one else can. Honestly the look at the dominance of Madrid and Barca with Ronaldo and Messi. Those two might not be that but it could be and as a club you can't miss out.
Mbappe is defo that.

Without doubt.

I don't see how anybody buys Mbappe tho, he would cost like 300m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back