Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You think they're better than Brighton or Fulham?

For me, Fulham finish 16th, Brighton 17th and Newcastle, hopefully, 18th.

They're probably not better, but sometimes relegation isn't about who the better team is

I think some people miss that fact sometimes

We probably were worse than some of the teams we survived in 94 and 98 but we managed to put together a run and get the points to survive and they didn't

I think when push comes to shove Bruce will be able to grind out the points needed

Didn't watch the WBA-Brighton game live. Watched the highlights on MOTD.

What an absolute cock-up by the ref! If you blow your whistle to re-start the game, how can you possibly blow it again to stop the game because the goalkeeper was not in position? Lee Mason is an utter clown! A disgrace!!!

Didn't watch the WBA-Brighton game live. Watched the highlights on MOTD.

What an absolute cock-up by the ref! If you blow your whistle to re-start the game, how can you possibly blow it again to stop the game because the goalkeeper was not in position? Lee Mason is an utter clown! A disgrace!!!
That was definitely my opinion when I watched it live, thought it was horrible he tried to stop it, though after watching the replay I completely agree with it being disallowed. The ball was clearly kicked before the player heard the whistle, and wasnt a legal free kick.

Of course being Lee Mason he allowed the goal to stand and then had VAR tell him to not do that.

That was definitely my opinion when I watched it live, thought it was horrible he tried to stop it, though after watching the replay I completely agree with it being disallowed. The ball was clearly kicked before the player heard the whistle, and wasnt a legal free kick.

Of course being Lee Mason he allowed the goal to stand and then had VAR tell him to not do that.

Beg to differ. On the replays, as Lineker pointed out, you can clearly hear the first whistle BEFORE the Brighton player took the free kick. After that, the ref should only blow his whistle if he sees an offence committed. And he didn't, because the free kick was re-played.

Lee Mason is a joke and should never be allowed on a football pitch again.

Beg to differ. On the replays, as Lineker pointed out, you can clearly hear the first whistle BEFORE the Brighton player took the free kick. After that, the ref should only blow his whistle if he sees an offence committed. And he didn't, because the free kick was re-played.

Lee Mason is a joke and should never be allowed on a football pitch again.
Yup. It was confirmed that dunk asked if he could take the quick free kick and Lee mason said yes. He blew the whistle, saw the keeper out of position and bottled it.

He is the worst ref in English football by some distance and that is a real achievement when you consider how poor English referees are at the moment.

Yup. It was confirmed that dunk asked if he could take the quick free kick and Lee mason said yes. He blew the whistle, saw the keeper out of position and bottled it.

He is the worst ref in English football by some distance and that is a real achievement when you consider how poor English referees are at the moment.
It still makes no sense to me why the Premier League ONLY has English refs. You barely ever hear anyone whinging massively about how the top refs in Europe mess up yet, for some reason, the Premier League only has about 50 refs they can choose from in their entire tier.

It still makes no sense to me why the Premier League ONLY has English refs. You barely ever hear anyone whinging massively about how the top refs in Europe mess up yet, for some reason, the Premier League only has about 50 refs they can choose from in their entire tier.

Its the English league, why would they get refs from overseas? Pretty sure anything otherwise would be a recipe for disaster.

That's an interesting point, except most of the other leagues I follow have even worse collective refs.

In the Czech league, it's not exactly routine, but what Mason did yesterday isn't uncommon.

You think they're better than Brighton or Fulham?

For me, Fulham finish 16th, Brighton 17th and Newcastle, hopefully, 18th.
Fulham won't escape, they've done well to overcome their start to make it interesting, but Newcastle will find a way to keep them at bay.

Even if it came down to the last game of the season and Fulham needed to beat Newcastle to relegate them at the Cottage I don't think they would manage it.

If Chelsea win today it brings United back into a catchable position as they play City next week. If United win we have a chance of going level with Chelsea on points with a game in hand. If they draw both teams drop 2 points so in a sense all 3 results are good for us providing we do the business against Southampton and West Brom.

He didn’t though. He blew they scored, he blew again, he disallowed it, then he listened to someone on his ear peice and allowed it, then VAR got involved again and disallowed it. Was madness

If Chelsea win today it brings United back into a catchable position as they play City next week. If United win we have a chance of going level with Chelsea on points with a game in hand. If they draw both teams drop 2 points so in a sense all 3 results are good for us providing we do the business against Southampton and West Brom.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back