Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can’t wait for Shef United to go down, sick of hearing Chris Wilder every week moan about their bench when they lashed so much money at utter dross.
Not arsed that they’re so bad I feel some games they’ve been pretty unlucky but christ it’s the moaning. Heard him moan about how inexperienced their bench is tonight, their own fault for buying terrible players with no premier league or top level experience and spending it all on Ramsdale, Brewster and *checks notes*, Oliver Burke? Mad transfer policy and they’ve got what they deserve

Can’t wait for Shef United to go down, sick of hearing Chris Wilder every week moan about their bench when they lashed so much money at utter dross.
Not arsed that they’re so bad I feel some games they’ve been pretty unlucky but christ it’s the moaning. Heard him moan about how inexperienced their bench is tonight, their own fault for buying terrible players with no premier league or top level experience and spending it all on Ramsdale, Brewster and *checks notes*, Oliver Burke? Mad transfer policy and they’ve got what they deserve
Hope they're replaced in the Premier League by their Yorkshire rivals Barnsley. That'd be just lovely.

Yep. Played 3 times for England. Might be great player one day... done nothing to warrant those caps yet.
Let's remind you of what you said

Just over rated. Playing for England without doing anything in the league is destroying value of international caps
Define overrated. As I said the lad is just 20 and, as you said, may become a great player one day. Personally, I see him as a player with great potential but still a lot to learn. And I don't think many see him as any different to that from what I've read and heard.

As regards the England caps, if you look into it further he first got his opportunity due to injuries to regular squad members, He was originally picked for the U21s but was then promoted due to said injuries. Southgate (one of the few things I like about him as England manager) does give a lot of opportunities to young players. Just in the last 2/3 years he has given caps to numerous 20 yo's and under, such as TAA, Sancho, Hudson Odoi, Rice, Mount, Foden. Greenwood, James, Saka and Bellingham. It's a great way of getting a closer look at young talented players and guaging their personalities and attitudes. It certainly isn't destroying International caps, and many of those are still part of Southgate's squad. As regards Hudson Odoi specifically, he was in good form for his club at the time (2 years ago) and received quite a bit of acclaim for the appearances he actually made for the full team. Since then he has had injuries and his form has dropped off a little and has therefore dropped down to the under 21s. He hasn't been picked for the full squad for over 18 months.

I really don't get your point.

Remember us at Blackburn away James Vaughan scoring in the last minute .......after the third phase of play Referee Lee Mason gave off side 5 foot over the halfway line on Andy Johnson -no VAR in those days - What a crap Ref he really is needs demoting yet again - he has just come back today....... :)
I see you have mastered the new IPad and spellcheck @Joey66
Or is the nurse typing again ??????????:):):)

He certainly cuts the mustard there

I'll get my coat

cover6.jpg

Easily the worst side we've played this season (and we'd know about being pony)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back