Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brighton have no idea on how to defend. This county I live in will always sadly be known worldwide for that godawful bed-wetting band Keane, not it’s sporting success with tripe football teams like Brighton around.
My favourite thing about Keane is that Kasabian claimed the lead singer went to rehab because he was addicted to Port.

Dukla Prague are now in the second division of Czech football. They were the army team, used to get the national service guys and keep them back for the team.

The bloke who owned the pub where I drink was a massive Dukla fan. Died of Covid earlier this year. His pub is a shrine to them, which is bizarre because I'm about 90 miles from Prague.
Beaten by Celtic in the European Cup SF in 1967 when Celtic went on to win the trophy.

Tbh I hate all the south coast clubs and would gladly see them all in the championship. Full of kopites the lot of them. Portsmouth best of a bad bunch but can’t stand Bournemouth getting up for their World Cup final against us every season.

Would have taken today’s results if offered. Arsenal and Villa dropping points keeps them behind us. Brighton losing at least gives Fulham the impetus to go for it against Liverpool. Leicester winning is annoying but plenty of time yet.

As you say I think it depends on what you realistically think we can achieve this season - from a Europa League sense both Villa and Arsenal dropping points is good for us and hopefully West Ham and Spurs also slip up.

Top 4 its more Chelsea/RS/Utd and Leicester which are the teams for me we are competing with.

I think providing City beat Spurs in that league cup final then we look good for Europe (top 7) at this stage but for top 4 we dont have much room for slip ups in these remaining games.

As you say I think it depends on what you realistically think we can achieve this season - from a Europa League sense both Villa and Arsenal dropping points is good for us and hopefully West Ham and Spurs also slip up.

Top 4 its more Chelsea/RS/Utd and Leicester which are the teams for me we are competing with.

I think providing City beat Spurs in that league cup final then we look good for Europe (top 7) at this stage but for top 4 we dont have much room for slip ups in these remaining games.

We’re probably looking at having to win 7 out of 12 to have a chance. If Leicester and Chelsea both better that total then fair enough. Coming in with about 68 points would give us a huge chance. Difficult though as it’s a lot of games to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back