Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Moyes deserves the plaudits he's getting from the media, he hasn't the best owners to deal with and they still play their home games at an oval athletics stadium. He's made them both organised and hard to beat, really transformed them infact. With West Ham he's finally found his second Everton.

Since leaving us he's been battered and bruised which really started when he didn't get the huge cash injections for transfers that his successors at United did. Since when he's mostly had to be content with pretty shitty jobs at relative no hopers. Obviously I don't wish them higher in the table than us but it's all credit to him that they are.
his team just beat leeds 2-0 at home and both moyes and his captain declan rice saying their performance was not good enough

he has got that side motivated

That's what makes Moyes an excellent manager for me. He can get players to give more than 100%.

He's made some bad career decisions, but I reckon he will end up doing something with West Ham.

He did for us. Everywhere else he's gone he hasn't apart from his new job. So that makes 2 out of the 5 jobs he's had.

Sunderland fans may disagree..

I agree Moyes isn't a good fit for many clubs right at the very bottom with little hope or idea. Big Fat Sam got the England job on the back of keeping Sunderland in the prem it was seen as that impressive.

Some cubs are in such a downward spiral it takes miracles to even temporarily arrest it. Moyes is normally better over a longer period with a slightly better club than the sbsolutely hopeless.

Or United or Sociedad...
Although never given the mountains of cash his successors at United were he took them quite far in the champions league but wasn't ever going to succeed there. I suspect the job too much for him - Moyes is a good manager but nowhere near the very top bracket. Following Sir Alex was hard enough but that team was on it's last legs and needed rebuilding.

Tbh Ferguson performed absolute miracles getting the very last drop from an ageing team well past it's best. United won the title despite really being nowhere near good enough. That last title win was a superb managerial achievement for Sir Alex, his finest ever for me.

Last edited:

Although never given the mountains of cash his successors at United were he took them quite far in the champions league but wasn't ever going to succeed there. I suspect the job too much for him - Moyes is a good manager but nowhere near the very top bracket. Following Sir Alex was hard enough but that team was on it's last legs and needed rebuilding.

Tbh Ferguson performed absolute miracles getting the very last drop from an ageing team well past it's best. United won the title despite really being nowhere near good enough. That last title win was a superb managerial achievement for Sir Alex, his finest ever for me.

Don't think the players respected him after a while and the fans were never convinced.

Moyes buckles under pressure. He's the underdog. Always will be.

West Ham are doing really well. Fair play to them. But there's zero expectations on him and them.

Don't think the players respected him after a while and the fans were never convinced.

Moyes buckles under pressure. He's the underdog. Always will be.

West Ham are doing really well. Fair play to them. But there's zero expectations on him and them.

Even if there are some mitigating factors i wouldn't have thought Moyes was anywhere near that select bracket of top managers United should have been looking at.

That appointment seemed almost entirely to be based on Sir Alex's favourable recommendation and assessment of his fellow countryman. There was nothing in Moyes' record with Everton to say he'd be able to follow the legend or was suitable for the necessary and much needed rebuild at United.

Manager of the Year...Its a bit of a none award I know but If Pep doesn't get it, I can see the
'Silk purse out of a sows ear' catagory being between 3
Moyes
Ancelotti
Parker...if he pulls it off...which seems likely...maybe.

Even if there are some mitigating factors i wouldn't have thought Moyes was anywhere near that select bracket of top managers United should have been looking at.

That appointment seemed almost entirely to be based on Sir Alex's favourable recommendation and assessment of his fellow countryman. There was nothing in Moyes' record with Everton to say he'd be able to follow the legend or was suitable for the necessary and much needed rebuild at United.

From the aftermath, he came across to the players that he wasn't a winner. His training and tactics towards the players edged towards how to stop the opposition rather than how to damage them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back