Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
if aston villa who almost got relegated on the last day of last season are more of a threat than fa cup winners arsenal then something is wrong.
Good grief, this is a big stretch.

Wigan won the FA Cup and went down. Portsmouth won the FA Cup in semi-recent history. What has winning a knockout competition a season earlier got to do with how much of a threat they should be perceived to be in the league?

Also, when 3/4 of a league season has elapsed, I think the points total from the current season, not the last, should dictate better who is more of a threat. Ergo we’re not that worried about losing out on a Europa League spot to Sheffield United, for example.

Good grief, this is a big stretch.

Wigan won the FA Cup and went down. Portsmouth won the FA Cup in semi-recent history. What has winning a knockout competition a season earlier got to do with how much of a threat they should be perceived to be in the league?

Also, when 3/4 of a league season has elapsed, I think the points total from the current season, not the last, should dictate better who is more of a threat. Ergo we’re not that worried about losing out on a Europa League spot to Sheffield United, for example.
arsenal have world class players, those teams don't

aston villa rely on 1 man in the main

Our players do not want to play anything more than the minimum number of games next season...they want no European togger...and they will get what they want.
I get that we're all frustrated and hacked off with our players, but I can't get on board with this.

I don't believe all of them want the minimum number of games, they are aware it's a short career that can be ended in an instant. They should want to win things, compete at the highest levels or else they should be gone.

Our players do not want to play anything more than the minimum number of games next season...they want no European togger...and they will get what they want.
Dunno about that, obviously being in the Europa league isnt attractive but I think when players play all they want to do is win.
It's like when we all wanted City to beat us, no way the players got the same memo

Dunno about that, obviously being in the Europa league isnt attractive but I think when players play all they want to do is win.
It's like when we all wanted City to beat us, no way the players got the same memo
Well they certainly are playing a standard of football suggestive of disinterest in/disinclination toward European placing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back