Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s called “Stretford End Flags” or something along those lines, it’s owned by someone independently who used to support Everton. United once funded them and decided to make that moving banner that went up by a digit of one every time a football season passed without City winning a trophy. When they won the FA Cup in 2011, the banner got removed.

On Sky Sports News, they interviewed City fans. They were all asked the same question “Top 4 or FA Cup?”. The overwhelming amount of them who suggested FA Cup, all gave the same reason; “Tear that banner down”.

Football rivalries are supposed to be banter, but with United what they do goes well beyond the realms of that. You don’t see us make banners bullying the RS for example.

Andrew Kilduff his name is (the plastic glory hunter who stopped supporting Everton).

EDIT: URL in second link changed due to bad language filter, dashes go between the censored words for the link to work.

That's hardly overstepping the mark.

Needling a footballing neighbour and close rival for a trophy drought is harmless banter.

It’s called “Stretford End Flags” or something along those lines, it’s owned by someone independently who used to support Everton. United once funded them and decided to make that moving banner that went up by a digit of one every time a football season passed without City winning a trophy. When they won the FA Cup in 2011, the banner got removed.

On Sky Sports News, they interviewed City fans. They were all asked the same question “Top 4 or FA Cup?”. The overwhelming amount of them who suggested FA Cup, all gave the same reason; “Tear that banner down”.

Football rivalries are supposed to be banter, but with United what they do goes well beyond the realms of that. You don’t see us make banners bullying the RS for example.

Andrew Kilduff his name is (the plastic glory hunter who stopped supporting Everton).

EDIT: URL in second link changed due to bad language filter, dashes go between the censored words for the link to work.
im not sure where you are going with this one , just because there was a banner at Old Trafford ridiculing city for 35 years without a trophy is harmless banter i think , maybe a bit over the top but is it as bad a singing songs about a plane crash , they had to be told to stop that and the strange thing is they claim that they are true Mancunians , another myth and total garbage

Having watched MOTD2 last night, I cannot for the life of me understand how the pundits on the programme said it wasn't a penalty to Arsenal. In a challenge like that, the ref can only consider two things: 'ball or man'. Doesn't matter that Lacazette mis-kicked, or anything else. Sanchez came in at speed, got nothing whatsoever on the ball, and absolutely trimmed out Lacazette.

Once again, I wonder at the intelligence of the ex-pros on the programme when they come up with garbage saying it wasn't a penalty...

Angel Di Maria's family has been kidnapped.

Burglary with kidnapping at Di Maria's home has just confided Leonardo.#PSGFCNA

Shocking, horrible scumbags out there.

Di Maria's wife pushed for the move from Manchester after a failed armed burglary on their home. It got lost in her other comments about the food and the skinny women, wonder if this event will mean him moving on from Paris.

The Spuds and Gooners arguing is one of the most funniest things in football. They hate each other so much, it’s unreal. A few years ago there was a guy on the train I was taking back to work, he was having a row with the Revenue Protection Officer while wearing a t-shirt saying “Oi Gooner, stick this up your cockerel!”.
I miss the good times when we had Spurs-Arse fans go at it on an Everton board.

I miss the good times when we had Spurs-Arse fans go at it on an Everton board.
Sounds like an fun thing to watch!, I would be bookmarking the thread so I don’t miss the next reply!.

Sadly, message board forums are relics these days, what with how Facebook has taken over and made the message board communities smaller.

Sounds like an fun thing to watch!, I would be bookmarking the thread so I don’t miss the next reply!.

Sadly, message board forums are relics these days, what with how Facebook has taken over and made the message board communities smaller.
I forget the whole story (I think the Arse fan(s) got themselves banned but its been a while) because I was too busy enjoying the popcorn I was eating. One of this board's finest moments.

That banner was actually condoned by Alex Ferguson.
That's why the City fans loved Roberto Mancini. As soon as he arrived he came out and said that his first job
was to rip that effing banner down! And he did. There was an idea by City fans to put up a moving banner at the
Etihad counting the years since United last won the title but it was eventually rejected as being petty & childish.
Which just about sums up United's banner and United in general really. Mancini schooled Ferguson during his time
at City with the ultimate lesson being when he dished out a 1-6 absolute hammering of United at Old Trafford.
It will be a long time before they can start thinking about putting up another banner :)

That banner was actually condoned by Alex Ferguson.
That's why the City fans loved Roberto Mancini. As soon as he arrived he came out and said that his first job
was to rip that effing banner down! And he did. There was an idea by City fans to put up a moving banner at the
Etihad counting the years since United last won the title but it was eventually rejected as being petty & childish.
Which just about sums up United's banner and United in general really. Mancini schooled Ferguson during his time
at City with the ultimate lesson being when he dished out a 1-6 absolute hammering of United at Old Trafford.
It will be a long time before they can start thinking about putting up another banner :)
..... and scored a famous Fergie time goal that made Martin Tyler lose it and United lose the title!.

Fair play to Fergie for condoning the banner though, I think they’ll definitely think twice before making another!.

Steve Cotterill returns home following treatment for Covid-Pneumonia.

Shrewsbury Town Football Club is pleased to announce that Steve Cotterill has returned home from the hospital after previously being re-admitted for Covid-Pneumonia.

Town's Manager had been back in the hospital for 16 days but will now finish his rehabilitation at home.

The Club is delighted to receive news that Steve has returned home and all at Shrewsbury Town look forward to welcoming him back to Montgomery Waters Meadow when he has made a full recovery.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back