Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was completely a joke. We're actually insane
For all the stick the Americans get, in over 30 visits I can honestly say I have never met a rude or bad tempered American
I've been to NYC ,Long Island ,Vegas New Orleans ,Hawaii, San Francisco ,San Diego ,Austin ,Chicago ,I must just be lucky
I have never had a bad experience in the states

San Marino, Albania, Poland, Why do we need a defence?

England's recent record in qualifying reduces amost all their games to incredibly inconsequential and meaningless friendlies.

If they don't win every single qualifier they invariably almost do, a defeat is a rarity and usually hardly matters. The summer finals is where they've struggled at times but not qualifying, although tbf the last world cup was decent.

They should only need half a team, if that to beat that dross. Qualifiers are so boring, with the Nation's Cup at least you get matched with decent opposition.

Qualifying can be like trying to outplay and find a way through Southport reserves.
Defence will be needed at the euros though. Doesn’t look great

Defence will be needed at the euros though. Doesn’t look great

Fair enough but that's months off. Summer football can be strange anyway with jaded stars underperforming etc.

Tournament stuff is so different and the luck of the draw can be huge as in the World Cup. England losing the group game to Belgium was their best result of that tournament. I remember only Gary Neville seemed to recognise what a boost that defeat was at the time. I know I had a hard time convincing the win every game mentality merchants.

(Martinez was probably secretly really pissed off even if the 'phenomenal result' description came out again.)

I'm not really bothered what our defence iooks like now as tbf this is no preparation and even if it looked better on paper we'll never know how good they actually are until tested. They won't be not until the summer anyway

Last edited:
Proper gut check for Spurs this now, their entire season is pretty much tied into this competition (they're going to be battered in the League Cup).

The likes of Bale, Kane and Dier need to come up big here and show how much they want it, otherwise they deserve just as much criticism as Jose.

Proper gut check for Spurs this now, their entire season is pretty much tied into this competition (they're going to be battered in the League Cup).

The likes of Bale, Kane and Dier need to come up big here and show how much they want it, otherwise they deserve just as much criticism as Jose.
Mourinho will get absolute pelters for this regardless of the result, but you see Sissoko ambling back for the second goal and you wonder exactly what the players want out of the game.

Best chance of a trophy for the season, you've had your behinds handed to you in the derby and you watch Orsic blow past you.

Hope they go out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back