Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were rumoured to be interested in Lingard and, as someone said a few pages back, my fume would have been off the charts. Pouty lazy social media footballer who goes missing. Shows how little I know...

We were rumoured to be interested in Lingard and, as someone said a few pages back, my fume would have been off the charts. Pouty lazy social media footballer who goes missing. Shows how little I know...
Hes not known for picking up gems in the market is Moyes so it boggles the mind.

Moss really is a disgrace; ruins a chance for a West Ham attack right after missing Partey getting elbowed in the head (edit: whilst looking straight at it)

My thoughts too it's barely better than the league cup - a trophy which may (and probably won't) lead to better things.

The cup doesn't help league form, that's absolute rubbish, an Alan Shearer pearl of wisdom that totally disregards reality, it's more likely to be the exact opposite.

Domestic cup winners relegated soon afterwards and still lower league clubs today ...

Swansea, Portsmouth, Wigan, Birmingham City, Middlesbrough

So many domestic cup winners have been relegated, if not the same season then in the year afterwards. Bristol City's promotion run went haywire when they had a cup run. Beware the effect of the FA Cup - Watford humiliated 6-0 two years ago in the final never really got over it.

A stepping stone at best but often a huge negative for other ambitions.

Tell Louis Van Gaal or Roberto Mancini what the magic of the FA Cup means, both sacked straight after winning it.
Van Gaal’s fate was apparently decided before the final and the board didn’t inform him until some hours afterwards. Make of that what you will.

Burton Albion got relegated around the time of their cup run too didn’t they?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back