Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what else could be done?

Ref hasn't heard anything, player has denied it. So what can you do? Theoretically if an accusation alone is enough to get a game thrown out, a player could lie about being racially insulted at 5-0 down.
Theoretically if people actually gave an f about racial abuse and took real steps to stop it people might not do it anymore.

Valencia walked off the pitch during their La Liga game at Cadiz in response to an alleged racist comment, before later returning to continue the match.

Mouctar Diakhaby reacted furiously following a clash with Cadiz defender Juan Cala and spoke with the referee.

Valencia's players left the pitch in protest and the club said Diakhaby, 24, "received a racial insult".

He later asked his team-mates to return and they resumed the game but without Diakhaby, who was substituted.

"We offer our complete backing to Mouctar Diakhaby," Valencia said.

lol lol lol

Yep, that's how to fight racism, by punishing the person abused.

FFS.

Says a lot about the standard of this season's PL that a team like United are the 2nd best side in England.

City are miles ahead of everyone.

He later asked his team-mates to return and they resumed the game but without Diakhaby, who was substituted.

Yep, that's how to fight racism, by punishing the person abused.
It could be possible the player felt his head wasn't in the right place to carry on and asked for the sub?

But whatever the situation between Diakhaby and Valencia we all know Cadiz will leap to the defence of their player and the RFEF will just sweep it under the carpet and hope it all goes away.

Just read that Sanchez (Spurs) Robinson (WBA) have reported racist abuse on their social media sites this weekend.

FFS.

It could be possible the player felt his head wasn't in the right place to carry on and asked for the sub?

But whatever the situation between Diakhaby and Valencia we all know Cadiz will leap to the defence of their player and the RFEF will just sweep it under the carpet and hope it all goes away.
Whatever the reasons it looks terrible.

You back your player by refusing to return, that's how you make a stand.

Not sure what else could be done?

Ref hasn't heard anything, player has denied it. So what can you do? Theoretically if an accusation alone is enough to get a game thrown out, a player could lie about being racially insulted at 5-0 down.
Why jump to these mad hypotheticals immediately? If a player complains of being racially abused, uphold the complaint and take the necessary action.

Believe it or not, the main reason that players complain of being racially abused is NOT gaining a tactical advantage in the match.

Whatever the reasons it looks terrible.

You back your player by refusing to return, that's how you make a stand.
Totally agree with that, 100%.

I fully expect Valencia to claim the player wanted the match restarted; that's how these things play out.

The conversation goes "did anyone from the match officials hear it? nope, ok, so we're not going to "prove" it, because we still live in a world where people believe that football players make this sh*t up, so we better go back out or get fined/points deducted and we're not principled enough to take that risk"

Why jump to these mad hypotheticals immediately? If a player complains of being racially abused, uphold the complaint and take the necessary action.

Believe it or not, the main reason that players complain of being racially abused is NOT gaining a tactical advantage in the match.

I know that, indeed I don't think there's a single incident where a team behind have been involved in such an incident.

But he said it looks bad for Spanish football - my question is what on earth could they have done differently in the moment?

You're saying 'take the necessary action' - what would that be if the referee hasn't heard anything and the player denies it?

I know that, indeed I don't think there's a single incident where a team behind have been involved in such an incident.

But he said it looks bad for Spanish football - my question is what on earth could they have done differently in the moment?

You're saying 'take the necessary action' - what would that be if the referee hasn't heard anything and the player denies it?
You really can't think of a different way to handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back