Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
You really can't think of a different way to handle it?

I can think of many, each one of them worse.

Play out each circumstance in your head, assuming the ref has heard nothing, cameras/mics picked nothing up and it's one guys word against another. I can't think of another course of action that wouldn't open up a very big can of worms.

When it comes to rules, you have to assume the worst of people IMO. If you open a loophole, people will take advantage I reckon.

I can think of many, each one of them worse.

Play out each circumstance in your head, assuming the ref has heard nothing, cameras/mics picked nothing up and it's one guys word against another. I can't think of another course of action that wouldn't open up a very big can of worms.

When it comes to rules, you have to assume the worst of people IMO. If you open a loophole, people will take advantage I reckon.
Yeah I guess we couldn't possibly believe the guy saying he was racially abused. Silly me.

It could be possible the player felt his head wasn't in the right place to carry on and asked for the sub?

But whatever the situation between Diakhaby and Valencia we all know Cadiz will leap to the defence of their player and the RFEF will just sweep it under the carpet and hope it all goes away.

Just read that Sanchez (Spurs) Robinson (WBA) have reported racist abuse on their social media sites this weekend.

FFS.
As an old fart who doesn't really use social media, can someone explain to me how these plebs can get away with online racial abuse ? We're supposed to live in a world where our every movement is traced & yet these cretins seem to be immune to hate-crimes.

As an old fart who doesn't really use social media, can someone explain to me how these plebs can get away with online racial abuse ? We're supposed to live in a world where our every movement is traced & yet these cretins seem to be immune to hate-crimes.
They think they are immune, but thankfully a LOT of them pay the price, not all tho sadly.

I know that, indeed I don't think there's a single incident where a team behind have been involved in such an incident.

But he said it looks bad for Spanish football - my question is what on earth could they have done differently in the moment?

You're saying 'take the necessary action' - what would that be if the referee hasn't heard anything and the player denies it?
Assuming the ref takes the victim at their word - And he should, then there are a number of potential actions to take:

- Send the accused off
- Call a halt to the game and meet with management, captains, etc (after they’ve discussed with their respective teams) to decide how best to continue

Everyone involved in the game needs to see that there are legitimate consequences for racist behaviour. In the event the game was called off and an agreement to continue couldn’t be reached, there should be an outcome given that is punitive towards the team for which the offender plays - Be that awarding the result the other way, points deduction, etc, I don’t know; I’m just spitballing.

The cynic in you is right to an extent, of course, any such rule change is open to potential abuse but that can’t be a reason not to proceed. Perhaps implement player mics or enhanced recording in all areas of the pitch so that disputes can be resolved reasonably definitively but in the first instance the accuser must ALWAYS be taken at their word.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back