• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
not if its downgraded to a yellow; that is a matter of interpreting a foul rather than an error
Surely, you've got to agree that the correct decision was eventually made?

It might boil down to semantics in terms of the terminology and the action is subjective, but for most people they'd see that as an error and a pretty clear one.

As @RFUS said, for me it was refreshing to see the correct decision was made without a fuss.

Ayew just jogging calmly, bit of effort and he's got a tap in
I'm glad that I am not the only one who noticed that. The defender was ambling along to let him past, yet Ayew seemed to just stroll along without any drive.

Either he didn't think Zaha would beat his man, he wasn't paying attention (or bothered) or he's already blowing out his backside. If he'd sprinted and slid...

Surely, you've got to agree that the correct decision was eventually made? It might boil down to semantics and subjective, but for most it was a clear error.

It isn't though, by definition. If Moss thought that was a foul (it was according to him) and that it was deserving of a card (it was according to him), then he cannot describe changing one card for the other as being a "clear and obvious error". If KWP hadnt touched him then I'd agree entirely that it was a clear and obvious error, but that is not what happened.

VAR failed last season because they allowed bad refs (of which he is one) to make up the rules as they went along. We got absolutely screwed by that last season, most notoriously in the United game at home, and I think its a very bad sign that we are not even two games in and they are making up the rules again.

If the FA made refs review via the monitor every potential red card before awarding it, then I'd absolutely be in favour of that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back