Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahahahah get stuffed you absolute moron, Silva had us in the relegation places you utter danger.
We were 10th with 7 games to go and only 4 points from 7th but we ended up 12th.

So it’s right that Burnley and Southampton, despite being behind us with 7 games to go, overtook us?

The lengths some of you fanboys will go to :lol:

Well I’d never advocate that and not sure I’ve seen anyone calling for it. Needs time to sort this mess out but the recruitment is all wrong for me. Slow and ponderous players won’t get you far in the Prem.
And that will be the target in the summer, getting more pace and creativity in the team

I mean, is he wrong? We finished last season in 12th. Not down solely to Carlo at all but facts facts. We finished 12th.
Why's he only put Carlo's name then? He knows what he's trying to imply.
Silva put that season in the toilet early on.

Realistically we aren’t getting anywhere near the top 4 unless we improve our squad and playing style massively

yes we aren’t now but the opportunity was there. Losing to teams fighting relegation at home has done us.
Hopefully United get a win vs Spurs or every results will have gone against us.

Ben Johnson coming on for Wet Spam

Ben-Johnson.png

Pumped!!
Literally.

We were 10th with 7 games to go and only 4 points from 7th but we ended up 12th.

So it’s right that Burnley and Southampton, despite being behind us with 7 games to go, overtook us?

The lengths some of you fanboys will go to lol
oh no he didn't get us a top half finish despite being bottom 3 by Christmas in his first half a season, boo hoo.

It’s always been the problem in our fanbase for as long as I can remember.

You just know they’d have been the same divvies clapping for Kenwright after the Blue Union march.
So, just out of interest, can you talk me through the chain of events that would occur from us being a gang of horrible cryarses, to our team performing better in the league?

OR, and this might sound crazy, people might just accept that a squad is what it is between transfer windows and are broadly happy as long as the manager in charge has us in a league position befitting our quality as compared to that of the rest of the league.

Have we played dire football for the most part, since about the sixth game of the season? Yes. Is that because we’d clearly get badly molested if we tried to play anything more expansive, due to our hyper-limited midfield? Yes. Have we ground out results we otherwise likely wouldn’t have got, by setting up tactically well and following a game plan to the letter? Yes. Have we also blown points galore by being spineless turkeys who don’t follow said game plan even remotely? Absolutely.

Assuming the same squad and injury list, what changes with any other manager?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back