Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Problem is there are too many happy clappers in our fanbase - 8th and the odd cup quarter final and its job done.

Ancelotti gets next season for me but the performances and results are not good enough.

However he's limited to an extent with the slow snail squad we have built by that clown DOF we have.

If you call the team out for being crap then you are cry arsing weirdo apparently.

It’s all about the summer for me. Attacking players with pace, probs 3 needed, another centre mid annoyingly and a right back. Obviously that won’t be doable but can hope.

It's just like you said mate... Certain combinations click at certain times.

At the moment, nothing is gelling for us. I would love it if we could just get a little of traction for the remainder of the games.
It’s no coincidence that, after our flying start, any wins we HAVE managed have tended to be squeakers by the odd goal.

When we had a firing first XI we were on fire. When we had knackered FBs we played the wall and kept clean sheets galore, relying on nicking a goal to win. But yeah, our manager plays the same tactics week in, week out...

We have a very good first XI, good CB cover, a couple of promising, raw FB talents, arguably Davies and Sigurdsson are fit for purpose as squad cover and that’s your lot, and yet people don’t get why we aren’t maintaining a top 4 challenge.

With a VERY good window we could maybe end up with 15-16 very good players and be well on our way to a squad we could call worthy of a European push. It is inescapable fact that the Koeman/Walsh era buckled us as far as our quality and our available finances to rectify the problem. Anyone who thinks we’ve peddled out this excuse for too long needs to have a look at some of the names still taking a massive wage from us.

Problem is there are too many happy clappers in our fanbase - 8th and the odd cup quarter final and its job done.

Ancelotti gets next season for me but the performances and results are not good enough.

However he's limited to an extent with the slow snail squad we have built by that clown DOF we have.
True there’s fans, older generation, with a lot more patience because they’ve seen it all done it all

Yup. Me too, but I think the word is patience with us. We’ve spent the last couple of windows dismantling and shipping out all the crap in our squad, but there’s still work to do. I trust Carlo to bring the right players in over the next couple of windows and then start to build a team and a system.
I’m happy to be patient with him, and hope things improve next season, just currently I find us horrendous to watch. Horrible negative hoof ball, and pointless possession just outside of our own 18 yard box

Ancelotti at Everton is great but for me I dont care about what he did for Chelsea...etc and past glories, only Everton count and what he does for us, which at the moment isnt good enough

It’s always been the problem in our fanbase for as long as I can remember.

You just know they’d have been the same divvies clapping for Kenwright after the Blue Union march.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back