Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trophy though. Which is what he was brought in for
I have a feeling Spurs fans aren't going to look back on taking them largely backwards as a positive because they won a League Cup. Yes he was brought for a trophy but normally the deal with Jose is he leaves the club in flames after winning the league or at least in Europe. If you told Spurs fans the trade off was a League Cup they'd have said no thanks.

Levy has some headache tonight.

I doubt he is stupid enough to budget for CL cash next year, and like every club, Covid has mucked up stuff. But still. Selling Kane will not even pay back the Govt loan thats due any time soon.

Sacking the manager will just add another £15 to 20 million onto his spreadsheet.

But he hasn’t won it.

I don’t think his job remit was to win a league cup while taking them backwards and having one of their best ever players leave because of it.
It shows you how fastly other level they are to the rest of the league that if you are any other club in the league in a final against them that you can't see past it.

But he hasn’t won it.

I don’t think his job remit was to win a league cup while taking them backwards and having one of their best ever players leave because of it.

Of course. But if he did, it's something Poch didn't do and brought silverware to the club.

They'll get a goldmine for Kane too.

It's the same old question...would you take a cup win and finish midtable or finish 4th and not win anything...

Of course. But if he did, it's something Poch didn't do and brought silverware to the club.

They'll get a goldmine for Kane too.

It's the same old question...would you take a cup win and finish midtable or finish 4th and not win anything...
Who is spending 100m on Harry Kane? Genuinely asking, who does he make sense for at that price?

I have a feeling Spurs fans aren't going to look back on taking them largely backwards as a positive because they won a League Cup. Yes he was brought for a trophy but normally the deal with Jose is he leaves the club in flames after winning the league or at least in Europe. If you told Spurs fans the trade off was a League Cup they'd have said no thanks.

I said this right from the off about would Spurs fans take poor football for any trophy. Most said yes at the start of the season.

It's why he got punted from United when things went downhill after he won the Europa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back