Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I see the Premier League are boycotting social media. For three days.

Find it hilarious. Saying social media needs to fix itself, yet anyone asking "how" has no answers whatsoever.

The only solution is worse than the problem - have everyone who signs up provide ID/details.

Find it hilarious. Saying social media needs to fix itself, yet anyone asking "how" has no answers whatsoever.

The only solution is worse than the problem - have everyone who signs up provide ID/details.
Anything to distract the masses from the Super League rubbish.

Not that I disagree with the sentiment mind you.

Conveniently over a bank holiday weekend so they can all go on the razz.

If I knew you might be a lunatic with a tire iron and my address, I'd probably be more polite. That said, doing that cedes ultimate power to the lunatics and those with the wealth to protect themselves from them.

I don't know that there is an answer. Anonymity provides freedom of expression - both in the good ways and the worst. Handing it over to the government enables their worst impulses. Ditto the way it's organized right now with it owned by corporations motivated by the bottom line.

I'd say that radio works OK then and now, but the rise of conservative talk radio in America gives that statement the lie. I really can't come to any conclusions other than that the problem is either the human beings or the society that they live in - give the human beings a way to facilitate communication given the background set of circumstances, and they'll screw it up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back