Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I showed this to Big Oil one time and he was not pleased.

Speaking of Chopra just discovered he’s actually called Rocky Chopra and was a gambling addict.
Chopra appeared in OK! magazine in October 2007 to announce he had become engaged to Heather Swan, and that they were expecting their first baby. On 15 February 2008, they welcomed a 6 lb 10 oz baby boy, Sebastian Rocco Thomas Chopra.[82] In July, it was reported that the couple had split only weeks after their £250,000 wedding,[83] but they later reconciled as she vowed to "stand by him" as he entered rehab for his gambling addiction, which included a spell at the Sporting Chance clinic.[84][85] In September 2008 the police were called to Chopra's home in response to a domestic abuse call.[86] In 2009, Chopra was publicly dumped by his wife on Facebook.[87] He was re-admitted to the same clinic for three weeks in October 2011.[84] In December 2011, Ipswich Town gave Chopra a £250,000 loan to help pay off his gambling debts.[88]

In December 2011, Chopra and his father were involved in a cocaine drugs trial in Newcastle upon Tyne crown court.[89] On 4 October 2012, Chopra was one of three footballers among a group charged by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) over an investigation into "suspicious betting activity". The allegations focus on horses being laid to lose on betting exchanges.[90] On 25 January 2013, he was found guilty of this offence and given a 10-year ban from racing by the BHA.[91] In 2014 he found himself in serious trouble with Blackpool FC after a foul-mouthed Twitter rant complaining about training.[92]

In 2020, Chopra was involved in a consortium that sought to buy Newcastle United alongside fellow former Magpies striker Alan Shearer.

His wiki is a ride.

Chopra appeared in OK! magazine in October 2007 to announce he had become engaged to Heather Swan, and that they were expecting their first baby. On 15 February 2008, they welcomed a 6 lb 10 oz baby boy, Sebastian Rocco Thomas Chopra.[82] In July, it was reported that the couple had split only weeks after their £250,000 wedding,[83] but they later reconciled as she vowed to "stand by him" as he entered rehab for his gambling addiction, which included a spell at the Sporting Chance clinic.[84][85] In September 2008 the police were called to Chopra's home in response to a domestic abuse call.[86] In 2009, Chopra was publicly dumped by his wife on Facebook.[87] He was re-admitted to the same clinic for three weeks in October 2011.[84] In December 2011, Ipswich Town gave Chopra a £250,000 loan to help pay off his gambling debts.[88]

In December 2011, Chopra and his father were involved in a cocaine drugs trial in Newcastle upon Tyne crown court.[89] On 4 October 2012, Chopra was one of three footballers among a group charged by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA) over an investigation into "suspicious betting activity". The allegations focus on horses being laid to lose on betting exchanges.[90] On 25 January 2013, he was found guilty of this offence and given a 10-year ban from racing by the BHA.[91] In 2014 he found himself in serious trouble with Blackpool FC after a foul-mouthed Twitter rant complaining about training.[92]

In 2020, Chopra was involved in a consortium that sought to buy Newcastle United alongside fellow former Magpies striker Alan Shearer.

His wiki is a ride.

Proper wild ride isn’t it. I went looking to see if he actually was a lower league slotter and came out with a great story in my head.

Question is how does he go from needing a loan off a club to pay gambling debts to then chipping in to buy the barcodes?!

I showed this to Big Oil one time and he was not pleased.

Speaking of Chopra just discovered he’s actually called Rocky Chopra and was a gambling addict.
One Everton player on that list and it worked so I'm calling it a good omen if we sign Buendia.

I also thought Grealish won it and that was basically my big winner so yeah when I found out he didn't it was an issue.

First 30seconds of the broadcast and every 5 minutes after.
There should be a drinking game, it’s got to that point now.

There was once a Howard Webb drinking game in which everytime “World Cup Final Referee” gets mentioned by the commentator, you drink three, if he makes a crap decision but the commentator applauds it, drink two. If he gives Man United a disputed penalty and ignores his assistant, drink one.

This one could be “Drink four everytime the 9-0 gets mentioned”, “drink two everytime Leicester score” and “drink five if it’s 9-0 or worse”.

Proper wild ride isn’t it. I went looking to see if he actually was a lower league slotter and came out with a great story in my head.

Question is how does he go from needing a loan off a club to pay gambling debts to then chipping in to buy the barcodes?!

I would posit that what links a gambling addict with a fantasist who thinks he would buy a football club is that they are wholly untrustworthy.

He went straight to the bookies after Ipswich gave him that loan didn't he

Just heard from a usually reliable source that the deal for Jack Grealish to go to City
is practically done. Not sure we need him to be honest. Would rather we spent the
cash on an out and out striker to replace Aguero.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back