Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd still back Madrid to bag another Big Ears at this stage.

This is too soon for that group of Chelsea players. Madrid will beat them by a couple tomorrow night, and as good as City are, I'm a big believer in course and distance with this competition.

#14 on the way.

Considering Madrid are widely considered to be overachieving this year, and in a transition, I’d say they’ve had success this season.

But they’ve got flaws everywhere, and I can’t see City losing to them, I also think people are under estimating Chelsea at this stage, and I think it’s got a big chance to go all the way to pens tomorrow.

If they can get past Chelsea they’ll be a huge threat. They have better individuals in lots of areas. Ramos Modric Kroos Casemiro Benzema Hazard if he’s fit. If all of them play like they can on a big stage and City’s team perofemance isn’t quite at it then Madrid could sweep them away easily. Zidane is an absolute master in this competition.
If you're City, you're praying Chelsea are facing you in Istanbul.

Considering Madrid are widely considered to be overachieving this year, and in a transition, I’d say they’ve had success this season.

But they’ve got flaws everywhere, and I can’t see City losing to them, I also think people are under estimating Chelsea at this stage, and I think it’s got a big chance to go all the way to pens tomorrow.
They are a coming force, Chelsea. Just not now, IMO. Not good enough to get the better of Madrid over 2 legs for me.

Madrid in a EC final. I know where my money would be.

If I was City I'd much rather play Real than Chelsea. Real have injury problems and don't have the squad they've had in previous years. They are also likely to still be in a title race until the last weekend. Also, Chelsea dealt with City quite comfortably a couple of weeks ago in the FA Cup.

They are a coming force, Chelsea. Just not now, IMO. Not good enough to get the better of Madrid over 2 legs for me.

Madrid in a EC final. I know where my money would be.

Other teams have gotten to the final, when they haven’t really been ready in recent time (Dortmund, Spurs, Juventus) and failed.

But just because they failed doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t get there, and if they do, there’s a chance they’re doing it, off the back of lifting some silverware too, so I don’t know...

Maybe they’ll rue the missed chances in Madrid, but they’re playing well, and if they produce the same way as they did on Madrid, then tomorrow will be a cracking affair, and what continental football is all about.

Other teams have gotten to the final, when they haven’t really been ready in recent time (Dortmund, Spurs, Juventus) and failed.

But just because they failed doesn’t necessarily mean they won’t get there, and if they do, there’s a chance they’re doing it, off the back of lifting some silverware too, so I don’t know...

Maybe they’ll rue the missed chances in Madrid, but they’re playing well, and if they produce the same way as they did on Madrid, then tomorrow will be a cracking affair, and what continental football is all about.
It's going to be a great match.

Chelsea need the first goal regardless of the away goal scored. If Madrid get their teeth into this leg they'll bury Chelsea.

While Chelsea are obviously favourites the first goal is crucial. A repeat of the LIverpool Real game's result, where Real were perhaps a little fortunate to force a goalless draw, would see Chelsea through on away goals.

The onus is on Real to score while Chelsea can play on the break knowing that a clean sheet is enough.

I think City will fancy a Real final but think a Chelsea final will be more difficult. The Londoners have a relatively recent psychological advantage and will fancy a repeat.

I'd still back Madrid to bag another Big Ears at this stage.

This is too soon for that group of Chelsea players. Madrid will beat them by a couple tomorrow night, and as good as City are, I'm a big believer in course and distance with this competition.

#14 on the way.

I honestly think their squad is done, the legs aren't there. The only player under 25 that plays with any regularity is Vinicious. They're relying on that one moment of quality that they do have, even if the legs aren't there.

Just think Chelsea have the legs and balance. They just dont have a finisher which is the only worry.

I honestly think their squad is done, the legs aren't there. The only player under 25 that plays with any regularity is Vinicious. They're relying on that one moment of quality that they do have, even if the legs aren't there.

Just think Chelsea have the legs and balance. They just dont have a finisher which is the only worry.
They have a magnificent defence when all available...and coukd have Varane back for any final. But Chelsea will need to have a great night to stop Kroos and Modric dominating midfield and finding two very dangerous forwards quiet all night.

They have a magnificent defence when all available...and coukd have Varane back for any final. But Chelsea will need to have a great night to stop Kroos and Modric dominating midfield and finding two very dangerous forwards quiet all night.

They didn't dominante the last leg, so don't see them doing it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back