Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

PSG's players should be ashamed. From minute 1 they were yelling and pleading with the ref over anything even forcing a VAR review to overturn a bogus penalty for handball, now they have the nerve to accuse the ref of treating them wrongly.

There really needs to be a clampdown on player behaviour when it comes to the referee. Play the game, not the ref.

The referee was utterly awful, his extreme leniency was always going to lead to it going where it did. That doesn't excuse PSG's behavior at all but when you're allowing an extremely physical game these things happen.

How a 3-1 win decided by raw luck?
It's 1-0 PSG, City have been completely contained and are just passing it around going nowhere for 20+ minutes, and then a poor cross ends up in the net followed by a poor free kick ending up in the net and they are able to now control the game despite not actually really doing anything to get there.

And I know people will come in with the "they put them under pressure" or whatever and sure if you believe that causes a GK and a wall to commit egregious errors that's fine, I don't subscribe to that theory. So for me they won 4-1 on aggregate and very easily could have come back to the Etihad down 1-0 and having a completely different task. PSG had to open up and that changed it all completely which once again only happens because an inaccurate cross and free kick into the wall both ended up as goals.

Look City deserve this, they've been really good for years and years and put themselves in position to get the breaks once. They didn't against Spurs or even going further back Monaco and I'll have said then Spurs got lucky because that is what happens in cup competitions often, teams get amazing breaks to win games and move on. Madrid were lucky in the RS final unless of course you think Karius literally throwing two goals in was caused by "pressure" or something. It happens all the time, it was City's turn, and I just don't like how instead we've got people saying this was one of the greatest European performances. And that isn't a strawman, it was said last week.

PSG's players should be ashamed. From minute 1 they were yelling and pleading with the ref over anything even forcing a VAR review to overturn a bogus penalty for handball, now they have the nerve to accuse the ref of treating them wrongly.

There really needs to be a clampdown on player behaviour when it comes to the referee. Play the game, not the ref.

Always annoyed me about football this. You see players screaming at them and telling them to F off, awful.

3 things for me
It must be terrible for their family’s to see the abuse they get
The refs need to start booking and sending players off for any abuse or foul language.
FIFA, UEFA, PFA, clubs, Managers, Captains, all need to start doing more, it’s real mental abuse some of them suffer, I can’t think of another workplace where it happens, in the public eye at least.

You have to ask yourself, how do rugby do it?
Do they have strict rules, I honestly don’t know but it’s rare you see refs suffer the same abuse football refs do.

Always annoyed me about football this. You see players screaming at them and telling them to F off, awful.

3 things for me
It must be terrible for their family’s to see the abuse they get
The refs need to start booking and sending players off for any abuse or foul language.
FIFA, UEFA, PFA, clubs, Managers, Captains, all need to start doing more, it’s real mental abuse some of them suffer, I can’t think of another workplace where it happens, in the public eye at least.

You have to ask yourself, how do rugby do it?
Do they have strict rules, I honestly don’t know but it’s rare you see refs suffer the same abuse football refs do.
Rugby have very strict rules.
I think one of them is that only the captain can address the ref and I think they have to call him 'sir' (It's a strong tradition).
They also have the power to reverse the decision they have made if they get any lip at all.
As we know it works well. Just don't why football puts up with it.

4-1 actually, but then even 20-0 can be a lucky win with some on here if the wrong team (for them) won
Or on the other side of it people will swear the team they liked was amazing when they win regardless of the circumstances. And unlike your 20-0 example I have a good handful of Everton matches from this season alone where this holds true.

U WOT M8?
Sorry I didn't explain myself here.

America as a country, has a HUGE latino population. They make up around 20-25% of our entire population, around 60 million people. Latinos are also football crazy and they make up a huge percentage of viewership of soccer games being broadcasted. So having a British/Irish commentator spew some nonsense and pissing off our major soccer fanbase is very stupid and dumb. Making jokes about latinos is fine in the UK/Europe because there are hardly any latinos in the UK or Europe in general, and Souness made a joke about latinos and nothing happened to him, I'm sure this idiotic Irish commentator was expecting the same here hence he made the joke.

A Russian can make racist jokes against Blacks in their own country because it's accepted over there, but if they come to the USA or even UK and make those same jokes, they would be rightfully vilified. Same logic here.

So now that I've explained myself, I hope people stop attacking me on here.

Sorry I didn't explain myself here.

America as a country, has a HUGE latino population. They make up around 20-25% of our entire population, around 60 million people. Latinos are also football crazy and they make up a huge percentage of viewership of soccer games being broadcasted. So having a British/Irish commentator spew some nonsense and pissing off our major soccer fanbase is very stupid and dumb. Making jokes about latinos is fine in the UK/Europe because there are hardly any latinos in the UK or Europe in general, and Souness made a joke about latinos and nothing happened to him, I'm sure this idiotic Irish commentator was expecting the same here hence he made the joke.

A Russian can make racist jokes against Blacks in their own country because it's accepted over there, but if they come to the USA or even UK and make those same jokes, they would be rightfully vilified. Same logic here.

So now that I've explained myself, I hope people stop attacking me on here.

But again we have no context so your post was still dumb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back