Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
But again we have no context so your post was still dumb.
Yes I was wrong to post the initial statement without a clear explanation, but I was on my phone at the time. But with the explanation I've provided, the original post makes clear sense.

Sorry I didn't explain myself here.

America as a country, has a HUGE latino population. They make up around 20-25% of our entire population, around 60 million people. Latinos are also football crazy and they make up a huge percentage of viewership of soccer games being broadcasted. So having a British/Irish commentator spew some nonsense and pissing off our major soccer fanbase is very stupid and dumb. Making jokes about latinos is fine in the UK/Europe because there are hardly any latinos in the UK or Europe in general, and Souness made a joke about latinos and nothing happened to him, I'm sure this idiotic Irish commentator was expecting the same here hence he made the joke.

A Russian can make racist jokes against Blacks in their own country because it's accepted over there, but if they come to the USA or even UK and make those same jokes, they would be rightfully vilified. Same logic here.

So now that I've explained myself, I hope people stop attacking me on here.
Still none the wiser.

I mean you hate the English, we get that, but other than that, no idea.

Yes I was wrong to post the initial statement without a clear explanation, but I was on my phone at the time. But with the explanation I've provided, the original post makes clear sense.
You said:

Irish/British commentators shouldn't be commentating on American channels, end of. They lack the cultural insight of the American audience.
Did you mean that Irish/British commentators shouldn't be commentating on American channels if they are going to make disparaging comments about Latinos, end of?

You said:

Did you mean that Irish/British commentators shouldn't be commentating on American channels if they are going to make disparaging comments about Latinos, end of?
Well looking back at it, do you think hiring an Irish commentator was a wise business decision by CBS Sports? I think not. If it was an American commentator, they'd have more cultural awareness and wouldn't be making the same disparaging comments.

Well looking back at it, do you think hiring an Irish commentator was a wise business decision by CBS Sports? I think not. If it was an American commentator, they'd have more cultural awareness and wouldn't be making the same disparaging comments.

Why are you being racist to Irish people? Don't they deserve jobs?

Americans generally wet themselves over the Irish so I can see why they would hire the said commentator.
Nice to know that Americans never say or do anything to upset anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back