Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was anyone actually offended by Beglins comment ? All I see on twitter is people questioning why he had to apologise, including plenty of latinos

I know some get really twitchy at the suggestion that Latino players are more likely to try nefarious things

Sad truth is your nationality or ethnicity doesn't have much to do with it these days

Pretty much everyone plays the game that way now because if you don't you're at an immediate disadvantage

I think the game needs a bit of a clamp down to be honest, but it'll never happen

Well looking back at it, do you think hiring an Irish commentator was a wise business decision by CBS Sports? I think not. If it was an American commentator, they'd have more cultural awareness and wouldn't be making the same disparaging comments.

You're right, David Feherty did such an awful job as a golf commentator for two decades at CBS that NBC hired him away. (Yes, I realize he's from the UK side of the line.)

Your logic is just frightening:

- Being Irish does not make someone prone to say stupid, racist things.
- Being American does not make someone more likely to be culturally sensitive. I mean, Donald Trump.

To be direct, you're revealing your own bigotry.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back