Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
But I never said I preferred no men on posts? I just posited that there are statistical reasons some managers don't have them on there otherwise why would they do it...

You watch football, I watch football, neither of us have managed a side.
I played the game for many years. I managed Sunday League teams. I reffed Sunday League.

I do think I know a bit about the game. As I'm sure you do also.

But to concede a goal via an empty post from a corner is just basic bad defending.

There may be 'statistical' reasons for having no one on posts. But there are actual physical reasons for covering that area of the goal when defending corners. And BHA's goal was a perfect case in point today.

If I see any more this week-end, or in the future, I'll shout them out on here. Might make for an interesting discussion as to how those goals influence results.

League One season ends with Oxford claiming the final play off place after a 4-0 thumping of Burton, Portsmouth (0-1 v Accrington) and Charlton (1-0 v Hull) miss out. Hull win the title by just 2 points in the end after Peterborough win their final game 4-1 at Doncaster. Rochdale, Swindon, Northampton and Bristol Rovers all drop into League 2 next season

League One playoff fixtures are Blackpool v Oxford and Sunderland v Lincoln with the first legs taking place on Tuesday 18th and Wednesday 19th May

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back