Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that is shady then..
He looked a wrong un that Lino as well.
Yeah, I am labouring to make this point, but I will try once more.

The whole thing with VAR hinges on "clear and obvious" so certain teams get the call on the pitch so it won't be overturned and others don't.

From memory Fulham were involved in a situation where (I think) Tottenham scored really late on and Parker was adamant that the player was interfering with his keeper's eyeline. But, crucially, because the goal was given on the pitch there was nothing VAR could review apart from, foul play, handball, offside.

In short, match officials will go with the big team and VAR is powerless to challenge it. Smaller clubs don't get the ruling on the field and can't hope for intervention.

Yeah, I am labouring to make this point, but I will try once more.

The whole thing with VAR hinges on "clear and obvious" so certain teams get the call on the pitch so it won't be overturned and others don't.

From memory Fulham were involved in a situation where (I think) Tottenham scored really late on and Parker was adamant that the player was interfering with his keeper's eyeline. But, crucially, because the goal was given on the pitch there was nothing VAR could review apart from, foul play, handball, offside.

In short, match officials will go with the big team and VAR is powerless to challenge it. Smaller clubs don't get the ruling on the field and can't hope for intervention.

VAR is all about maintaining the favouritism towards the bigger sides. Its not about getting better decisions. I warned this at the time and its been exactly like how I expected.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back