Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know it’s not on their players or manager, but it’s hard to root for a nation that bribed their way to a World Cup and then had over 6000 migrant workers literally die to get their stadiums built.

I really want to go in 2022 because it's just impossible to say if I'll ever be able to travel to a World Cup again afterward (hoping 2026 is local but that's not the same) and I feel terrible about this aspect of it. It's a real shame that FIFA puts what should be a celebration into a moral quandary. Russia wasn't great either although not nearly as bad. Hell the clear lack of sustainability in Brazil was even pretty bad. The Olympics do this too and it's probably time to say enough.

Didnt even now they were playing them. And no idea; I dont live in the city, but there have been none driving tractors or riding horses or cycling through my village today.

@Diogenes the Cynic might have a better handle. He can walk to Ashton Gate.

I haven't seen any but I've been working most of the day to be fair.

Quick bike ride round the harbour at lunch but didn't see any.

Didn't know they were playing either til I read your message!

I haven't seen any but I've been working most of the day to be fair.

Quick bike ride round the harbour at lunch but didn't see any.

Didn't know they were playing either til I read your message!

Trying to work out why they even are. Hibs the other day iirc. Then Bristol City? There is zero history between the clubs. Well Moyes played for both in the olden days, but wont be that.

I remember Ferguson bringing a decent United side to Ashton Gate years back for a pre season, but that was tied into them buying Ralph Milne from Bristol.

edit. Hibs played Arsenal, my bad. The mystery deepens.

Trying to work out why they even are. Hibs the other day iirc. Then Bristol City? There is zero history between the clubs. Well Moyes played for both in the olden days, but wont be that.

I remember Ferguson bringing a decent United side to Ashton Gate years back for a pre season, but that was tied into them buying Ralph Milne from Bristol.

edit. Hibs played Arsenal, my bad. The mystery deepens.

Just checked and apparently its a pre-season game and the first time they've ever met.

Maybe they just fancied a jaunt to the mild west i guess.

I've graduated from work to the pub and can confirm no Celtic fans or anyone besides me with any knowledge of the game.

Mind you i didn't know about that play off game the other week until I took the missus out for a quiet harbourside drink into a horde of chanting lower league fans in Millennium Square.

Just checked and apparently its a pre-season game and the first time they've ever met.

Maybe they just fancied a jaunt to the mild west i guess.

I've graduated from work to the pub and can confirm no Celtic fans or anyone besides me with any knowledge of the game.

Mind you i didn't know about that play off game the other week until I took the missus out for a quiet harbourside drink into a horde of chanting lower league fans in Millennium Square.

It must be lovely down there this evening. Enjoy. And that was the Hartlepool/Torquay play off wasnt it? Harsh on the travelling Pool fans that!

It must be lovely down there this evening. Enjoy. And that was the Hartlepool/Torquay play off wasnt it? Harsh on the travelling Pool fans that!

Thats right, tons of Pool fans having an absolutely terrific time. All friendly, no aggro at all from any of them. I used to live in Torquay and have a lot of affection for the place so i want them to do well but I made a few friends that night and I wish them all the best and with that support they're welcome back anytime.

I'm at a little pub between Deanery Road and Park street called the Lime Kiln, my local really. Looks dingey but extremely friendly and a camra pub so lots of interesting ales on.

If you or any Blues are ever in the vicinity let me know, i highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back