Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
To stop time wasting the change I would like is for games last 80 minutes but every time the ball goes out of player there is an injury, the clock is stopped until the ball is back in play.

Jesus christ. That first one, if players on thousands of pounds a week fail to take a simple corner, it deserves to be a yellow, never mind just a goal kick.

The second one is mind boggling, are throws in your own half an issue? Ha
1. Hamez did one last game...
2. Have you never seen Seamus attempt a throw?

Portugal v Spain has been all Spain for the most part with Olmo in particular looking lively. Portugal should have scored just before HT through Guerrero, though, but he took the chance on his weaker foot.

Wenger, please.

Don't mind the corners one but why not go one step further and allow play to continue if a player keeps a ball in play that is off the ground? Eg a cross field ball is overhit but the receiving player manages to get his head to it to keep it in play.

Tbf, fifa can hardly say not to play these when every domestic league is going ahead and more importantly European club qualifies with teams already flying around Europe anyway.

Not that any football should be being played atm.

EUFA have ordered teams to play a friendly in addition to the nation's league games, they're in a class of their own....absolutely senseless

I would think Danny Ings will start, he's virtually said the first teamers will be left out, or at least Kane will be. Friendlies usually are made even more pointless by countless substitutions and I would expect DCL to play a part, possibly the second half or last thirty.

Absolutely pointless, team of reserves start with half or more changed again later on, it's hard to measure how worthless it is because it's below the lowest possible vslue.

A kickabout between near neighbours because it's the cheapest way of fulfilling a UEFA directive.

(And I thought bollocks for brains Platini had gone, his placemen are obviously now running it)

Don't mind the corners one but why not go one step further and allow play to continue if a player keeps a ball in play that is off the ground? Eg a cross field ball is overhit but the receiving player manages to get his head to it to keep it in play.

To me they’re just ideas to change the rules for the sake of changing them. The ball crosses the line, it’s out of play. Always has been, always should be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back