• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good start to the season for West Ham, can’t stand the tossers. Decent strike from Hendrick there, always rated him and a good signing for Newcastle on a free

Just noticed that it took 4 mins of the season for the rs to match our penalty tally of last season (if memory serves), and (surprise surprise) 2 minutes before the end of that match to double our last season's penalty tally.

Seasins change, refs don't change.

FA Cup preliminary round today , Glossop North End 0 v 3 City of Liverpool FC . Usual game at that level , bypassing midfield but CoL took their chances, decent day out.

You see some people love politics being rammed down our throats at every opportunity / discussion - I like many dont regardless of the good intentions that it may be for.

I go to the ground to watch my team play football - not to watch players take the knee, do black power signs, hold up catalonian independence signs or fly catholic/protestant flags/signs.

Leave politics and religion out of it - they shown support for those 9 weeks of last season following George Floyds death now lets move on eh otherwise maybe those watching the game are watching it for the wrong reasons.

I neither love it or hate it, but it has no impact on my enjoyment of the game so if the players believe it’s important to continue to make a statement then let them be.

Nothing is being shoved down anyone’s throat. It’s makes no difference to the game being played.

I neither love it or hate it, but it has no impact on my enjoyment of the game so if the players believe it’s important to continue to make a statement then let them be.

Nothing is being shoved down anyone’s throat. It’s makes no difference to the game being played.

You could easily turn that around and say that its perfectly fine for the sectarian nonsense to go on in the crowds in Scotland as it has "no effect" on the product on the pitch. Same as the idiotic scenes of Tosun and the Turkish players celebrating as they did for the national team.

The players dont "choose" to do anything - its done by the PL and if any player chose not to do it they would be hammered by the media as being "against black lives matter".

Im not arguing any further on the matter as I know your stance on BLM therefore anything I say you'll misinterpret as me being against the message of the movement - im not I just dont think it or any other political or religious movement has a place in football.

By all means have anti racism campaigns im fully behind it - but leave it as that and not get it mixed up in politics as thats not what football should be about.

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back