Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
And?

We spent massively less than a lot of clubs around us.

Spurs only needed 1-2 players whereas we finished 12th with one of the worst squads in our recent history and needed major investment.

Suggesting we smashed it out the park this summer is talking bollocks tbh - James aside jurys still out on Allan and we signed 2x relegation players in Doucoure & Godfrey whilst missing out on the managers main targets in those positions in Hojberg & Gabriel all whilst leaving us threadbare up top.

Hardly backing the manager to the hilt was it.

hahahaha you moaned and moaned about making sure we get Doucoure and now you’re saying he’s not good enough because he’s from a relegated team. And then you said this about Hojbjerg.

this Hojbjerg bloke doesn't impress at all.

It’s kin hilarious, you’re all over the gaff. And yes, we backed the manager; we’re not buying and selling circa 30 players in one window.

And FYI the jury isn’t out on Allan at all, he’s a fine footballer

hahahaha you moaned and moaned about making sure we get Doucoure and now you’re saying he’s not good enough because he’s from a relegated team. And then you said this about Hojbjerg. And the jury isn’t out on Allan at all, he’s a fine footballer

It’s kin hilarious, you’re all over the gaff. And yes, we backed the manager; we’re not buying and selling circa 30 players in one window.

Im not arguing with you anymore mate as you follow me round the forum having a pop all the time and I cant be arsed going in circles with you over this shithouse club of ours that never changes.

But no we never backed Ancelotti - I didn't rate Hojbjerg personally same as you dont rate Doucoure but that doesn't mean Ancelotti didnt rate him does it, same way we dropped out of signing Gabriel over the fee but then go and spunk £25 million on Godfrey which was roughly what Arsenal ended up paying for Gabriel!

Same way we were happy to let Kenny and Tosun leave in the window but now have to rely on them to be cover for DCL & Coleman.

Same way we have no natural RW after letting Walcott go and not replace him.

What started off as a good window ended up an average one James signing aside.

Levy pushed the boat out in the summer whereas we didnt.
He didn't really mate but compared to his normal it did seem like he did.

Spurs, supposedly paid out £60m in fees, got back £12m = £48m?*
Everton, supposedly paid £87m in fees, got back £4m = £83m?*

Everton spent big and have backed managers very well in the last 5 or so years although I do agree that Spurs had less players needed to be bought.

* Don't know how correct these last transfer window figures are?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back