Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football 2020/21 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

Just clocked Jags red card - shambles of a decision.

No need for Var on that at all, where is the clear and obvious error - the yellow was fine.
I looked it up because of this post and wow is that a horrible decision. I mean the covering defender is a solid 5 yards closer to the goal. Yes it stops a 2v1 situation but that isn't the law.

Now there does need to be something done about that type of tackle Jags made. Because as the rules are supposed to work the punishment is yellow and that just isn't enough imo considering the level of chance that might come about. But as it only might come it can't be a red.

I didn't know he had snapped his Achilles
Koscielny and Beckham are the two spring to mind as making complete recoveries from torn Achilles. Beckham did his before the 2010 World Cup from memory.

So, I looked at Koscielny's injury record and it's interesting*. He was twice injured at Arsenal with Achilles tendon problems, before the tear in May 2018. He missed a total of 199 days with the tear before returning to the Arsenal first team in October 2018 and has had no further troubles with it.

Gbamin has to date missed 280 days with his tear, on the back of the 229 he missed with the hamstring injuries. He's played a total of 135 Premier League minutes with us. The lad has had an absolutely brutal time of it and to agree with @ForeverBlue92 I don't see how he can return to the level needed.

*Interesting to me, at least.

Today is going one of two ways... Everton defeat the championship bound West Bromwich Albion to cement their serious top 4 challenge, and Chelsea triumph over the floundering Liverpool to all but end their hopes of Champions League football....
Or Everton bottle it and the RS spawn a 0-1..........
My experience gives me one conclusion!!
I wouldn't mind a tie between Chelsea and RS so we can leap frog them both

Barnsley are flying at the moment. Six wins on the spin and a, point outside of the playoff places but with a game in hand. Would love them to come back up.
I still remember it like yesterday when they went up back in 1997. I so wanted them to stay up also.

Hopefully this will be their season they finally do, it would be amazing after almost going down last season and had that great escape (although on a points deduction technicality for Wigan).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back