• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football - 2024/25 Season

Very straightforward win I thought apart from a wobbly 20 minutes in the second half. On the ball we looked a lot better than under Southgate. Defensively a bit open but we were under Southgate sometimes too. Overall very encouraging from Carsley. We still lack a midfielder who can control things when under pressure though

Very straightforward win I thought apart from a wobbly 20 minutes in the second half. On the ball we looked a lot better than under Southgate. Defensively a bit open but we were under Southgate sometimes too. Overall very encouraging from Carsley. We still lack a midfielder who can control things when under pressure though

Interested to see how we fare against professional footballers.

So Judas Rice scored a goal did he? I can accept defeat no problems but Declan Rice is a Judas rat!:lol:

Declan’s an Irish lad at heart mate, his agent talked him into England, Jack was more 50/50 - think he would have stayed with Ireland but for his old man, he loved the craic, spent his summers here and a nice lad.

Either way both came up under the Irish system. They aren’t really East Irish, they don’t care mind, but are only fooling themselves. They both made career decisions, rather than the country they prob wanted to play for, I think it shows.

Funny when you think it was the difference between the two teams today. I was happy for them and for all the input gone into them from our under age up. When you coach you take pride in these things.

Kanes team approached Ireland, he really want a shot at it, we didn’t think he’d make it. He was a very late bloomer.

I’d say they’d have enjoyed today more than another 10 East Ireland caps.

Last edited:
tears.gif

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back