• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football - 2024/25 Season

Roy giving it socks, he’s right been that way since I was playing under 6s.

Used to prepare, train and get ready in kitted out club houses in GAA and Rugby with proper coaching playing football at the weekend it was someone’s Da coaching and getting changed behind a three or in the back of a car.

Difference between the coaching structures and facilities for GAA and Rugby compared to association football in Ireland is like comparing first and third world. How can three associations in the same country get it so right and one gets it so wrong.

It can be done. The potential of players in this country goes untapped - look at the ones playing for East Ireland, who prob had proper coaching and facilities from a young age. The sporting outcomes of each association are stark in comparison.

Association football is becoming a minority sport.

Last edited:
Roy’s hit the nail on the head there. It’s about time the Irish started looking inwards at their own failing rather than kicking their feet and screaming like toddlers because some lads born and raised in Birmingham and London chose to play for England. The other home nations seem to just get on with it, and they’ve all proven that they can defy the population argument and actually qualify for major tournaments and even sometimes beat nations with larger populations. The excuses are wearing very thin now sadly, well done Roy on calling it out.

Also, I believe the Irish fans should focus less on booing opposition players and more on actually singing and getting behind their own lads, because I don’t think I’ve seen a shoddier support from a home nation in my life. Poor showing considering their bravado on social media before the game.

Declan’s an Irish lad at heart mate, his agent talked him into England, Jack was more 50/50 - think he would have stayed with Ireland but for his old man, he loved the craic, spent his summers here and a nice lad.

Either way both came up under the Irish system. They aren’t really East Irish, they don’t care mind, but are only fooling themselves. They both made career decisions, rather than the country they prob wanted to play for, I think it shows.

Funny when you think it was the difference between the two teams today. I was happy for them and for all the input gone into them from our under age up. When you coach you take pride in these things.

Kanes team approached Ireland, he really want a shot at it, we didn’t think he’d make it. He was a very late bloomer.

I’d say they’d have enjoyed today more than another 10 East Ireland caps.
This is some fantastic nonsense that you've 100% made up to be honest, but it's hilarious at least.

I can confirm not a single solitary fan is arsed, and it’s the gutter media trying to cause unrest as they begin their possibly long but arduous quest to get Southgate back in position.
I can confirm not a single solitary fan is arsed, and it’s the gutter media trying to cause unrest as they begin their possibly long but arduous quest to get Southgate back in position.
I live in England and heard a few here giving off about it, clearly you live in a place with reasonably intelligent people. Any normal fan would not give a monkeys.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back