• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football - 2024/25 Season

Is it just me or does this United side under Ten Hag always tend to win 'ugly'? never, ever convinced by them but they'll go on winning runs through just grinding away and grabbing the odd late winner in games..
Ya should never got anywhere near the points they got last season but got alot of underserved points

Is it just me or does this United side under Ten Hag always tend to win 'ugly'? never, ever convinced by them but they'll go on winning runs through just grinding away and grabbing the odd late winner in games..
Scored a lot of late goals last season. Utd not a good side but dont stop till the end tbf

Obviously very very early days, but Fulham can't really afford to be so wasteful in the final third this season or they could end up in trouble..

Don’t ask. Was No1 and playing well. Injured on England duty and replaced by Henderson ( not as good in the opinion of many Palace fans). Tbf Henderson did ok covering for Johnstone at the end of the season and then went to the Euro’s (ironically in Johnstones place.) I think Glasner prefers Henderson because he is better with his feet. I don’t like it, Johnstone is the better keeper but will be sold ( linked to your Gold wearing dog headed favourites!)
He's a bit upset about his shirt number 😆. He will have to be at his best if he goes to Wolves being as he played for us, a lot of Baggie fans wouldn't take to him because he had played for Villa.

Anyone else feeling a mild revulsion at the prospect of watching another season of this PL BS 'product'?
It's Groundhog day : manufactured controversies, VAR howlers, RS love in, European doze fest, over hyped title run in, Man City win the title, with the usual teams occupying the next four places and two newly promoted sides relegated. Everton deducted ? points, and enter their eighth period of exclusivity, with a billionaire businessman called Ernst Blofeld.Yep, same old, same old.

It's Groundhog day : manufactured controversies, VAR howlers, RS love in, European doze fest, over hyped title run in, Man City win the title, with the usual teams occupying the next four places and two newly promoted sides relegated. Everton deducted ? points, and enter their eighth period of exclusivity, with a billionaire businessman called Ernst Blofeld.Yep, same old, same old.
I go from feelings of numbness toward this league and being sickened by it.

I dont think I'll watch many games this season, tbf. Probably target a Euro league like the Bundesliga or Serie A and just focus on that.

This PL is a corrupt and boring busted flush. They can stick their product up their arse.

I go from feelings of numbness toward this league and being sickened by it.

I dont think I'll watch many games this season, tbf. Probably target a Euro league like the Bundesliga or Serie A and just focus on that.

This PL is a corrupt and boring busted flush. They can stick their product up their arse.
It's the inevitability of how it's going to pan out that is so depressing. I might sound like an old fart, but when I was growing up, it was both the unpredictability, and the hope, that was a major part of the enjoyment of football. Now, as you say, it's just a numbness. I used to be excited about the start of the season, now, I'm considering whether to pick some blackberries tomorrow. :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back