• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today’s Football - 2024/25 Season

It's the inevitability of how it's going to pan out that is so depressing. I might sound like an old fart, but when I was growing up, it was both the unpredictability, and the hope, that was a major part of the enjoyment of football. Now, as you say, it's just a numbness. I used to be excited about the start of the season, now, I'm considering whether to pick some blackberries tomorrow. :lol:

I dont blame you mate.

MOTD highlights of the PL is all I'll be watching apart from Everton games.

I dont blame you mate.

MOTD highlights of the PL is all I'll be watching apart from Everton games.
It's a stale product now.
A zombie Premier league that plays out like an orchestrated procession.
The whole thing needs the deck clearing and some kind of reboot.
Shame the ESL didn't happen, because since the scab six threw their toys out the pram. Masters and Co. the media's mission has just been to placate their self entitled egos at the other 14s expense.

It's Groundhog day : manufactured controversies, VAR howlers, RS love in, European doze fest, over hyped title run in, Man City win the title, with the usual teams occupying the next four places and two newly promoted sides relegated. Everton deducted ? points, and enter their eighth period of exclusivity, with a billionaire businessman called Ernst Blofeld.Yep, same old, same old.
I am sick of the sight of Jamie Carragher,Gary Neville,Roy Keane and Mica Richards.
Is there really anything they can say that they haven't said 100 times before?
I never watch any pre match or after match analysis, at the end of the day two teams kick a ball around for an hour and a half and the team that gets it in the net most wins the game.

It's a stale product now.
A zombie Premier league that plays out like an orchestrated procession.
The whole thing needs the deck clearing and some kind of reboot.
Shame the ESL didn't happen, because since the scab six threw their toys out the pram. Masters and Co. the media's mission has just been to placate their self entitled egos at the other 14s expense.
I'm still hopeful we''ll see that in the next few years.

I watched Masters getting interviewed yesterday talking up the PL: "We have a great game to offer people". It sounded desperate, like he knew it was a busted flush and that tweaking of rules cant save it. He knows he'll be the last CEO of the PL.

We're in the final season or two of this era of top flight football. It simply cant last. Not fit for purpose.

That's exactly what happened x tens of thousands up and down the country at 8pm last night.

The PL is corrupt, unentertaining, expensive trash.

'The product' has collapsed.
Sadly, I suspect this is all part of the choreography. It's turned into wrestling.

The sooner the bubble bursts, the better.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back