• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2016 / 2017 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think our present team has that attitude at all but I'm confident Koeman will address that in the window.

Too many footballers are just lucky to have been born athletic and to be pampered in some elite football academy. To wear team track suits in front of your school mates must be quite an ego boost and to paraphrase the Royle quote on Big Dunc, they are stars before they are footballers.

Hopefully the winning mentality of our U23s will bleed into our seniors along with the influx of of stronger characters in the summer window. In my opinion, the job Koeman faces in changing our mindset is as challenging as Moshiri's role in transforming our balance sheet.

..I think you have raised a valid point. I'm reminded of Andy Gray and Peter Reid arriving in the 80s and transforming the mentality of talented players. I wonder if RK recognised that when bringing in Williams from Swansea. As you say, I'm sure it will be factored into the transfer strategy and the youngsters in the U23 don't lack character.

..I think you have raised a valid point. I'm reminded of Andy Gray and Peter Reid arriving in the 80s and transforming the mentality of talented players. I wonder if RK recognised that when bringing in Williams from Swansea. As you say, I'm sure it will be factored into the transfer strategy and the youngsters in the U23 don't lack character.
From experience @Eggs, would it ever happen that a transfer is in place but is then pulled once the manager meets a player and doesn't like their character/personality? Meeting the man behind the player so to speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back