Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
We should be aiming to get ahead of Chelsea and Arsenal over the coming seasons. Think that top four is pretty solid now.

Think our aim is arsenal and the bitter reds tbh. Chelsea are just having an off season, they'll be back up there next season especially without champs league. They just seem to have one good season, one bad season at the moment.

Think our aim is arsenal and the bitter reds tbh. Chelsea are just having an off season, they'll be back up there next season especially without champs league. They just seem to have one good season, one bad season at the moment.

Yeah, not a bad point. I agree that Arsenal are probably the one to target, the unrest behind the scenes with Wenger etc means I don't see them getting any closer to the top four anytime soon.

Yeah, not a bad point. I agree that Arsenal are probably the one to target, the unrest behind the scenes with Wenger etc means I don't see them getting any closer to the top four anytime soon.

I actually think Arsenal will be strong next year if they get rid of Wenger. Their front four will be Ozil Mkhitaryan Aubemayang Lacazette. Chelsea seem to be in a worse state with Hazard Courtois wanting off, Fabregas has fallen off a cliff and their recent buys have been shocking.

How weak are Man City when the chips are down? They are great when it's all going well for them and play some fantastic stuff but when they collapse they collapse spectacularly.

Three goals in next to no time at Anfield twice and three goals in little over 15 minutes on Saturday. They utterly fold when under the cosh.

I honestly believe our 1985 side would have beat this lot. A least they could battle with the best of them when things wasn't going our way.

Leverkusen where so great to watch in this game. They have played a lot of really good football this season, good to see them win that one, and I hope they make the 4th place to get in CL, Herrlich has done a great job as coach in his first bundesliga season, they are exciting team to watch with a lot of good playres.

How weak are Man City when the chips are down? They are great when it's all going well for them and play some fantastic stuff but when they collapse they collapse spectacularly.

Three goals in next to no time at Anfield twice and three goals in little over 15 minutes on Saturday. They utterly fold when under the cosh.

I honestly believe our 1985 side would have beat this lot. A least they could battle with the best of them when things wasn't going our way.
Our sides of that era could have beaten allcomers on their day.

They will have the Europa league to contend with though. Think City will fly into us tonight, first 20 minutes crucial. The squad has gained invaluable experience up to now but the top , top sides have that in spades. There is a time when the big boot up the pitch is needed and hopefully the players understand that.

They will have the Europa league to contend with though. Think City will fly into us tonight, first 20 minutes crucial. The squad has gained invaluable experience up to now but the top , top sides have that in spades. There is a time when the big boot up the pitch is needed and hopefully the players understand that.
Ummmm

If City go 2 up in the first half, they'll win on aggregate. If it goes to pens I can see Liverpool's rubbish keeper being their hero.

you've been doing the big boot up pitch all season though? Long ball over the top to pacey attackers who get in behind. There's a reason why nobody is discussing your central midfielders as a key cog to the system you have, they get bypassed most of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back