Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.

...massive game for Southampton at Leicester.
Provided they don’t win, we’re officially safe for another season. What happens next season then becomes the question - hopefully we’ll get a new manager, play a bit of proper footy and we can all enjoy being Everton fans again (as far as that’s ever possible).

Very different manager to Allardyce

And the fact he manages a bunch of grocks only strengthens his case

He's taken that squad and mounted a challenge for Europe
Same school of "hoof and chase" imo. Needs years to organise a team to his grocky ways couldn't take over a team wanting to play football and make them better.

Same school of "hoof and chase" imo. Needs years to organise a team to his grocky ways couldn't take over a team wanting to play football and make them better.

He's never been given the chance

Has it ever occurred to you that because he manages a side with little to no budget he hasn't had the calibre of player to do loads of passing?

Give him a budget and some better players and you'd see him come out of his shell tactically, no doubt in my mind

He'd get this shameful bunch working again and then, unlike Allardyce, would kick us on

No doubt in my mind

He's never been given the chance

Has it ever occurred to you that because he manages a side with little to no budget he hasn't had the calibre of player to do loads of passing?

Give him a budget and some better players and you'd see him come out of his shell tactically, no doubt in my mind
I'm a dreamer as much as the next man but can't see a hoof-ball merchant suddenly turning into Pep Martinez. Just can't see it.

You need only look at that Burnley squad to see how good a job Dyche has done

Imagine if he had better calibre of players to work with?
His work with Burnley has been brilliant and i like his ability to foster a group mentality where everyone works together to achieve more than the sum of their parts.

However as players get better and wages become greater, i wonder if he could achieve that with the greater egos and attitudes that come with those things. Also, I'm not sure whether fans of other clubs would be happy with his 'direct', shall we say, playstyle.

Any manager who can get a tune out of Keane deserves respect though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back