Install the app
How to install the app on iOS

Follow along with the video below to see how to install our site as a web app on your home screen.

Note: This feature may not be available in some browsers.

• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Today's Football 2017-18 Season

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why Sky don't have alternative commentators for certain games is beyond me.

Gary Neville obviously shouldn't be commentating on United, City or Liverpool games.

Ah, of course.

I had forgotten.

Neville hates and indeed fears City more than the RS.

That is why he is so annoyed at the red card.

FFS even Lineker is saying it's never a red - what is wrong with these people?

Carragher just said it was a red. Regardless of "eyes on the ball". That should put the debate to bed.

Ryan Mason (who does have some experience with head injuries), did make a good point though. Keepers do get away with charging in forcefully quite a lot. If mane sprinted in at the same pace but without his foot up Ederson would have clattered him with some force. To be clear, I'm not saying Mane was protecting himself or anything like that, just thought it was an interesting general point Mason made.

Not a red card though????

giphy.gif

Even Carragher saying it's a red, like. Though the RS won't like that.

Worst part was how Sky were going on for 10 minutes about the injustice of it all while Ederson's prostrate on the floor after taking a kick (and the not insignificant weight of Mane) to his face, even adding how we shouldn't pay attention to whether or not he's hurt as that just happens in football. Glad I don't pay for this biased, Murdoch-fuelling crap.

Carragher just said it was a red. Regardless of "eyes on the ball". That should put the debate to bed.

Ryan Mason (who does have some experience with head injuries), did make a good point though. Keepers do get away with charging in forcefully quite a lot. If mane sprinted in at the same pace but without his foot up Ederson would have clattered him with some force. To be clear, I'm not saying Mane was protecting himself or anything like that, just thought it was an interesting general point Mason made.

Keepers lead with the upper body as they can use their arms. The pace of the charge isn't reckless as they're entitled to try and get to the ball first.

The other player is too, but if getting there involves high feet, then you never had a chance of getting the ball legally and therefore the challenge is reckless and should never have been made.

If Mane went with his head, it's not a red card.

It's really simple. You CAN NOT ''go for the ball'' any way you want.

Christ! If he wasn't going for the ball, he could be charged with criminal assault.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back